This item has an average rating of 4 from 85 ratings by the community.
Piotr 17 days ago
From my own experience, this addon is only useful for low to medium count poly models and I don't recommend it for any professional work on high poly models. With any more detailed model Retopoflow will start to lag so much it would take up to 2-3 seconds to see any change on retopo mesh you are working on (for example a loop you wanted to add appears after that time). The UI is inexcusable slow to the point it also takes 2 seconds or more for it to react; the same issue applies to change values in UI settings.
It seems the developers are unable to fix the issue considering this version of the plugin has been in beta for several or more months.
However, if you work on low poly models only, the tool has everything it needs to do retopology with a wide variety of tools. I use it despite the issue I mentioned earlier because I haven't seen a better option.
Have a nice day.
tristram2k 27 days ago
Retopflow is one of the best retopology tools out there for Blender. You should get it if you sculpt in 3D or import models from other sources. It always seems to be in beta, however. I wish they would put more time into polishing it up and adding intended feature - especially because it is a bit pricey for an addon when you compare it to other powerful Blender addons (like HardOps and BoxCutter, which are constantly updated and improved for a lot less money - I know they are not the same category of addon, but the amount of development put into them at the price should be consider by the Retopoflow folks as a model). Don't overprice your stuff.
hyunwoo kim 2 months ago
this is really great.
J. G. 3 months ago
I've used retopoflow for probably 20 or 30 hours in the past month or so. It's the first retopology package I've used, so my comments are based solely on my experience with retopoflow; I have no idea how it compares to any other package. I *am* glad I bought this package, but it's also a bit frustrating at times because it feels like it's right on the edge of greatness, but doesn't quite make it over the line...
- The support is pretty durned good. I originally suffered from the "can't rotate model (and other problems)" bug, and they worked with me to figure out what the issue was and how to fix it, so I could even *use* the tool, even though I very much seemed to be in the minority of users with that bug.
- If you have to interact with the retopoflow interface directly (e.g. to change a setting), the UI is incredibly, unbelievably, spectacularly slow. It's hard to overstate *just* how slow it is. It is also sometimes unresponsive to things like tool changes. It's maddening, and I really hope it gets fixed soon!
- The performance when actually doing retopology is usually okay, though it does sometimes get pretty slow for no apparent reason (and frequently, faster again for no apparent reason)
- Startup time is relatively slow, which wouldn't be a big deal if I didn't need to drop out of retopoflow so often (see below)
- It'd be really nice if there were a 'select this segment' by clicking on one end, and ctrl-clicking on the other end of an edge
- Please please give us circle-select or the like
- retopoflow really needs a reasonable way to select verts that are occluded by the source mesh. Working on the retopo mesh outside of retopoflow is almost guaranteed to leave some verts hidden 'under the surface', where all sorts of camera maneuvering is needed to be able to select them just to get them back on the surface
- I find myself needing to drop back to the main blender interface to accomplish various tasks. Some of these may or may not be reasonable to expect retopoflow to do, but some of those things are:
* set flow/set edge flow, to spread verts/edges more evenly after moving things around (this is probably my #1 most desired feature)
* drag verts/edges while restricting the movement to one or two specific axes (useful when trying to lay out an area and be precise)
* hide geometry (of both the input mesh and the output mesh) to be able to work properly in really tight spaces
* to be able to add faces using the normal extrude+scale paradigm
Overall, the tool is definitely useful, but to me it feels like it suffers from "take an interface with nothing and add features" (and leave out a bunch of things the user already had in normal blender), when it seems like it would be far more beneficial to leave us the original blender interface, and build the tool on top of that. It's really frustrating to be using a tool that's supposed to help, but have it hide other useful tools in the process...
Jay 3 months ago
I have to say my experience with Retopoflow has been great on one side but on another not so much. Great Tools for retopology love the patch tool and strokes tools some of my favorites in retopoflow. Making hardsuface retopo easy. Though it suffers from a couple of things that mainly take away from this promising tool. One of them being its a addon that basically is a program within a program and not a part of blender itself which takes away certain things like scale, rotate and other tools such as loop tools which would be very helpful. Thus once inside of retopoflow you can not access them while your in that mode thus making you jump back and forth which hinders the workflow. I Also noticed a bit of interface lag that happens when clicking on the tools just using the interface not so much if you use the shortcuts on the keyboard.. Another problem i see is that once the mesh starts to somewhat get a bit dense the viewport starts suffering and performance starts to take a hit . Retopoflow has a lot of potential and the tools are wonderful but these problems need to be addressed for sure. I would love to see retopoflow be integrated into the N panel with its tools possibly in its own header in blender with the possible use a low level language in association with python instead of the whole program written in python this would be a great and would increase performance boost thus making this one of the best retopo tool in the biz. I hope that can come to exist. cheers
Tom 3 months ago
New to retopo but I like how simple this made the process. Using 3.0 I found it a little slow at points but generally worked fine for me. Think i would have liked some more fill options. Also found my end result had some gaps where the polys didnt connect. Would be great to have some sort of highlight feature for the edges of the mesh to identify if something didnt snap together correct.
lkt 4 months ago
bug bug bug
SPAC5R 4 months ago
Awesome tool! It really speeds up the process of retopologizing your mesh with a lot of helpful fine tuned tools.
Don't expect this to do it all for you though (unfortunately). You still have to go in there and do it. And you should also know a thing or two about the retopology workflow. If you're ready to watch some tutorials and willing to learn, you'll be rewarded with a tool that awards with little successes.
I found the tools to be very intuitive and easy to manipulate once I got the hang of it. Recommended!
funksy 5 months ago
This review is for 3.00 Beta only. Retopoflow has been in 3.00 Beta stage for several months now and there has been no updates or communication on the progress from the developers. I'm starting to think there are some bigger issues with the development of this addon.
The tools work great, aside from some occasional and relatively minor usability issues.
The UI however is horrendous at the moment. It's sluggish and unresponsive and as other reviewers have pointed out, you can't even change values in input fields in the Options menu without losing you mind. The dropdown menus are slow to open and sometimes it takes several clicks to open them. Same with the Tools menu. Quickly switching between the tools with a mouse is painful since it doesn't always register the mouse click. For fast retopoing the UI really needs to be way snappier.
I really love this addon and its incredibly versatile and intuitive tool set, but the UI performance needs to improve. I personally consider this addon unusable in its current state. I will reconsider my rating if and when these issues are fixed.
Pirri66 5 months ago
$86 for what, if I could, would I reverse the purchase!
Same as "Steve White"
--- I bought this the other day and frankly, I can't get much of anything to work. The interface it opens seems super sluggish, I can't highlight text fields to change values, can't rotate around the model, it crashes constantly... Its really not intuitive at all. Any ETA on when this might get fixed and updated? I don't mind paying for an addon, I like supporting developers but this isn't what I expected.---
Purchase this item to leave a review!