Used in Star Trek: Picard by senior concept artist Igor Knezevic!
What is the Shipwright?
The Shipwright is a Blender add-on for 3D modelers, game developers and concept artists. It uses "Big Medium Small" design theory to automatically create Sci-Fi shapes and parts for further editing or sculpting.
You'll also get the full functionality of the following add-ons at a discount:
Once installed, get started with the ready-made Blender file:
It also comes with this bonus helmet set up you can also explore:
Browse the documentation for a full list of features, including:
- Dynamically change parameters and the objects will automatically update.
- Use the Levels interface to customize parameters and scatter layers of objects.
- Use Custom Objects and not just generated ones.
- Collapse the object ready for export to other applications.
- Generate many different variations overnight using the Iterator feature.
- An editable lattice deformation cage is created and attached for further shape changes.
- The default materials can be changed to suit your needs.
Inspired by the online Shapewright generator: https://ship.shapewright.com/
Pre-requisites and requirements
This uses my other add-ons:
Shipwright will come with all these add-ons as standard, but please note you will need all of the above add-ons for Shipwright to work.
Already have the add-ons? If you have already supported me by purchasing these, see the pricing options to get the core set-up without certain add-ons already bundled. Please check you select the right option, as the set-up will not work without the required add-ons.
If you have any questions before purchasing, contact me via the 'Contact Creator' button on my main Blender Market page.
Version 2.0.0 comes with a host of new features:
- Easier installation process.
- A new user interface.
- Greater customization.
- Baking and exporting.
- The ability to add your own custom objects.
See the overview video here:
Performance Improvements: Based on some work in Houdini, a setting has been introduced to control where faces have the Plating Generator effect added:
This will only select faces with an area above a specified value. Adding plates to too small a face was causing performance issues and harming topology.
Texture improvements: I have added some improvements to the default texture to add better specular effects:
If you have any questions either contact me via the 'Contact Creator' button on my main Blender Market page.
Choose a product version:
|Dev Fund Contributor|
|Published||almost 2 years ago|
|Software Version||2.9, 2.91, 2.92, 2.93, 3.0|
Have questions before purchasing?
Contact the Creator with your questions right now.Login to Message