What is Scatter?
Scatter is the First of its kind scattering solution for blender 2.8. Its simply the Simplest, Fastest, Complete and most Powerful scattering plugin for b3d.
Archviz, Environment and Concept artists will know that the native blender scattering workflow is slow, laborious and repetitive: Creating a new particle system, new collections, new vgroups, new textures, searching for various hidden sliders.. over and over again. That's why we needed a proper universal scattering solution , easy to use, with some great results instantaneously, providing important missing scattering features for your needs, like an universal proxy system, camera clipping, batch operation, scattering presets.. (see all features right below !)
Scatter is engineered to boost your productivity and creativity like never before, offering innovative revolutionary tools and features, tons of additional free content like 40 scattering presets, 15 one-click to deploy multi-layered ecosystems called "biomes" and shipped with the addon and additional free ground materials.
Once you try it you will not go back, Scatter will simply save you hours over hours of boring work while offering you a library additional content constantly updating.
- Added 4 new Scattering Presets (1 new simple blue preset and 3 new black presets dedicated for scattering small object like Assets from Grass Essentials for example)
- Added 1 New fresh-cut lawn biome. (+3 new winter biomes if you missed the Christmas special event)
- Added 10 ground Materials in the manager.
- Overall way better UI experience (new color system, scroll bar, icons, panel organization, buttons).
- New Biome manager categories, choose what you'd like to see between an AIO, layers, material, assets, or everything.
- New Biome manager hides/lower display percentage/toggle proxy on creation options.
- Compatibility with Graswald systems. (enable the export panel in preference, if you have GW)
- The old Proxy system of Scatter is now a standalone universal addon called "Proxify" that can also generate proxy and work with animations, will also add the option to remove a proxy. Proxify is integrated in Scatter Tweaking panel, but can also be found in *object>viewport display* for more accurate operations/tweaks.
- New statistic tab, quickly generates an information sheet of all the Scatter particle systems of the scene with info of Particle count and polycount per particles.
- Enabled Preset and Biome user Creation.
- New Terrain tools, easily use or generate terrain using a heightmap, get a clean border in a few clicks, or add procedural noises easily. (see above).
- Better and easy to use grooming tools.
- Better Viewport particle position accuracy. (see above) that also give accurate refresh when moving a boolean curve or camera that is clipping/culling the particles.
- Material optimization when Scatter models are appended. (material instancing not support by blender appending)
- New particle Scale slider.
- Rework of some assets and materials.
- Added support for batch rename, delete, redraw, select/deselect all.
- New extra tools for quickly batch changing the selected object origin
- Support for multi scenes workflows.
- Added new (batch) multiply or divide count by a custom number.
- Installation is much more simple, install Scatter as zip and it’s done. The biome library is no more in the default script/preset path, but in script/addon. (please remove old scatter versions before installing the new one).
- General UI reworks with a clear header/sub-header system + custom dedicated icons.
- In each sub-header, for each feature of Scatter, there’s a new documentation operator, that will show you infos and tips about the concerned feature.
- The texture feature got it’s own panel now, called “Clustering”, with a better workflow, randomization options and batch operations.
- The main particle-list/selection area where all p-systems are located got an overhaul, the selection is now similar to the viewport, with shift-click to select multiple psys at the same time. There’s also a new handy alt-click to isolate (that can be combined with shift if needed).
- Custom preset and biome creation got a rework.
- Better msg delivery system.
- “On Creation Options” got a workflow/GUI rework with new settings.
- Fixed some bugs due to default name data translation if enabled.
- I created a custom category system in the manager. there’s a new folder inside
__categories__where you can edit the categories of the biome manager easily. this will bring the possibility of external content to be created, so you could install additional external biome package just as an addon.
- New ALTITUDE feature, add altitude layers with influences over x or y particles, while having full control over your falloff with curve-mapping tweaking modifiers and min/max altitude sliders in real-time.
- New SLOPE feature, add slope layers with influences over x or y particles, while having full control over your falloff with curve-mapping tweaking modifiers and min/max slope degree sliders in real-time.
- New BORDER feature, remove y particles x meters away from border procedurally, and replace them by z particles, for some really clean edges.
- Performance boost for features that are managing modifiers (painting/boolean curves/slope/altitude/border/clipping).
- New “hide all particles” operator available within the operator search menu.
- New Curve mapping presets/functions.
- Better Displacement Border workflow, with custom falloff control.
- Upgraded the multilayer painting system and boolean curve system. Now each layers influences will have it’s own reverse ability.
- Upgraded the Boolean Curve system, have full control over the curve falloff.
- The statistic panel got a huge upgrade, it’s now real-time, and it’s precisely calculating the particles count on render or on viewport depending on multiple factors (modifier enabled on viewport or render, particle viewport display %, number of children on display/render). it also does an approximation of the polycount displayed in the viewport so you can have a clear indication which particle system may be problematic.
- The batch panel now got active sliders instead of batch buttons.
- Replaced "Proxify "with “Lodify”, a custom universal free LOD system, with infinite level of detail support, custom model shown on viewport/rendered view/render and the ability to use this feature as a mesh backup solution.
- POINT CLOUD will be introduced as a beta this season.