PLX 2.0 beta available for download
Try out the features shown in my twitter experiments!
What is PLX?
PLX transforms texture coordinates to resemble mesh displacement. It accurately renders depth, perspective, and occlusion from any camera angle. PLX also includes tools that enhance the PLX experience.
How is PLX better than other parallax shaders?
Other parallax shaders flatten the texture when viewed at steep angles and introduce bending on straight lines. PLX uses many revolutionary new methods that produce bending free results at any angle. PLX also has more flexibility in scenes by allowing the use of multiple textures without appending multiple times. PLX also performs many calculations only once instead of at every iteration decreasing shader compilation time.
Why should anyone buy PLX?
PLX is streamlined to be more efficient in every way. Using PLX removes hours of tinkering around with modifiers and reduces rendering time caused by high poly meshes. Additionally, for each purchase, a percentage will be donated to the Blender Foundation. The rest of the profits will support me in creating new innovative shaders.
- Removed colorramps
- Depth Blur
- Now works on both sides of a mesh
- PLX_Depth is now to scale of 1 UV unit
- No warping/shrinking
- Three arbitrary inputs routed directly to the PLX_Texture nodegroup to use multiple textures per scene
- Realtime performance in EEVEE
- Up to 64 Iterations
- Works with any image or procedural texture
- Crisp sharp edges
- Scale slider
- Z depth in coordinates for custom materials
- Controllable smoothing
- Complete rework with better optimization - in 2.0 beta
- Perfect subsample smoothing - in 2.0 beta
- Transformation sliders - in 2.0 beta
- Normal calculation - in 2.0 beta
- Multiple mapping techniques (Object, Generated, Triplanar, Position)
- More detailed documentation
- Ambient Occlusion
- Self Shadowing
|Dev Fund Contributor|
|Published||over 2 years ago|
|Software Version||2.81, 2.82, 2.83, 2.9, 2.91, 2.92, 2.93|
Have questions before purchasing?
Contact the Creator with your questions right now.Login to Message