What is Mesh Materializer?
For any 3D modeler that needs to wrap an object onto the surface of another object like a material, using a UV texture map as a guide.
The add-on handles the complexity of doing this for you in a non-destructive way by adding a unique modifier:
The Source Object (the spiral) is wrapped onto the Target Object (the egg) using the Target Object’s UV Map. It is then re-positioned using the modifier.
- Simple right-click menu option performs the operation in one go.
- The add-on maps the X direction of the object to the U direction of the UV map and the Y direction to the V direction.
- Source object UVs and materials are transferred to the newly created object.
- Use in combination with any other modifiers.
- Control the height of the projected object above the Target Object.
- Position, scale and rotate the object on top of the Target Object.
- Update the original objects and the result will change in realtime.
- A Preview Mode helps you position the object by unwrapping the Target Object’s UVs.
- Creates a regular Blender object that can be exported or edited once its modifiers are applied.
- Underlying objects are not affected.
This add-on assumes experience with UV Maps.
The add-on does not currently work with overlapping UVs.
Check out the UV Squares add-on which can be useful when creating square UV Maps to wrap to.
A Tyre Pattern wrapped around a cylindrical shape (See Overview Video)
A badge is applied to a piece of clothing (Jacket Credit: Curtis Kinney)
A Vertex Group is added to the Target Object (the wall) and then used to 'paint' bricks on a wall. See the tutorial video here.
If you have any questions or issues do not hesitate to get in touch by clicking the 'Ask a Question' button on this page or by emailing [email protected].
Documentation is at https://mesh-materializer-docs.readthedocs.io/
You may also like...
...or any of my other add-ons.
|Dev Fund Contributor|
|Published||over 3 years ago|
|Blender Version||3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 4.0|
Have questions before purchasing?
Contact the Creator with your questions right now.Login to Message