Now ready for Blender 2.8!
Quickly fit a lattice deformation cage around a mesh or set of meshes:
If I want to quickly change the proportions of an object with a Blender lattice, in the past I have found it time-consuming to create a lattice, define it's size and subdivisions, make it the right size for the mesh (or meshes) I am deforming, and then add one or more Lattice modifiers to the original object(s) and assign the lattice object. This add-on allows you to do it in one click and has the option of presets:
Source: Dynamic Jet
- Quick workflow: Select the object(s) you want to deform, and select the 'Fit Lattice' menu option.
- Configurable: In one operation, also configure the number of subdivisions in the lattice object.
- Select multiple: One lattice can be applied to many meshes when those meshes are selected.
- Presets: Choose from a pre-defined list (2x2x2, 3x3x3, 4x4x4...) and/or define your own.
- Quick deforms: The tool can be used to quickly deform a mesh, for instance, a 'taper' operation.
If you have any questions, issues or feature requests, contact me through Blender Market or reach me on Twitter.
Version 1.2.0: Edit mode!
Fit Lattice will now work in edit mode when you select faces, edges or vertices:
Take a look at the documentation and let me know if you have any questions or issues.
Version 1.0.3: Blender 2.8 Beta
I have now upgraded the add-on for 2.8 beta and put it ready for download alongside the 2.7 version. You will be able to tell the 2.8 zip file version because it ends in 2.8! I'll be updating the documentation once 2.8 becomes the main Blender release. It should also work with the existing presets.
Blender 2.8 is still in beta, so if you have any problems with the add-on let me know.