A procedural shader for Blender Cycles and Eevee, with stop motion/ animation features, and realistic details like cracks and fingerprints.
No UV unwrapping or texturing needed.
Instant clay and play dough!
Old Clay 1.Doh >
One node to rule them all, create all kinds of clay in no time!
Includes the Teapot scene, Studio Setup, and most importantly, the Clay Doh shader.
It uses the Principled BSDF shader, allowing flexible workflow and physically correct shading. This ensures that all assets will look great in any kind of lighting.
UPDATE 1.0 (November 8, 2018)
- Eevee support, works real-time now
- Optimized for faster performance
- Separate sliders for stones and fingerprints
- Improved texture mapping
UPDATE 2.0 (November 25, 2019)
I am proud to present to you, the next level of digital clay :)
Please use the file "Clay 2.Doh (Blender 2.9x) .blend"
- Stopmotion animation features added
- New Voronoi and Cracks, Better fingerprints
- Slider for quick switching between 'Object' and 'UV' mapping
- Separate sliders for scale, roughness, and bumps
- Better Fresnel, Ambient Occlusion features
- Bump Map output, for easy baking
- Micro Displacement (Cycles Only)
New Clay Doh >
The new Clay 2.Doh node might seem overwhelming, but it is very simple to use. I got a lot of requests from you guys to put the settings out there, so I did. Now you have full control over every detail on the shader.
UPDATE 3.0 (Coming soon)
- Entire shader REMADE from scratch
- Faster, more optimized performance
- Works with both Optix and CUDA
- Clean node setup, easy to read + edit (advanced users)
- Dedicated master node for each effect
- Clay Mixer (Bonus effect node)
- New, HD textures
WHAT DO THE ARTISTS SAY?
WHY CLAY D'OH?
- EASY CUSTOMIZATION
- NO UV UNWRAPPING NEEDED
- STOP MOTION ANIMATION FRIENDLY
- SUPPORTS CYCLES & EEVEE
- FREE UPDATES FOR LIFE
NOTE: Clay 2.Doh will not work with Optix rendering for now as Optix doesn't support AO and Bevel nodes yet. Please switch to CUDA if you are facing any issues with rendering on Cycles. Clay 3.Doh is coming out very soon which will run with Optix..
With your support, I hope to keep on improving the ClayDoh Shader.
Follow me on Instagram to see my Blender work!
(DM if you wish to become an affiliate)