Need to rig characters quickly while aiming for feature film quality ?
As a professional animator and a Blender head generalist/coder, I'm glad to share this addon first developped for my personal use to offer a proven workflow to animators and riggers, for movie production and providing Unity and Unreal Engine support.
Wonder what you can do with it? Quick demo
Before rating it: If you encounter any bugs please report it. Sometime a new Blender version makes something buggy, or some special cases may be hard to predict, we're just humans! So please report it, and be assured you'll receive support/bugfix quickly. Updates are free and will remain free. Thanks for your understanding. Also make sure to read the FAQ and the documentation below.
Getting Started with Auto-Rig Pro:
Prerequisite: If possible, use water-tight geometry for best auto-skinning results. And knowing the bases of Blender's skinning tools, weight painting, to tweak the bones influences is strongly recommended.
Due to recent API changes, Blender 2.78c is required, 2.79 is recommended.
Rig fast with the Smart feature
Position the reference bones so that they match your character proportions. To speed up this process, the smart tool will automatically try to find the body parts locations for you (bipeds only so far). Then, edit the result if needed (if your character is not a biped/ or for more accuracy), eventually place the facial bones and other extra limbs, and generate the final rig. The armature remains easily editable anytime after the generation. Check the product documentation and the youtube channel for more informations.
Customize the rig definition in a few clicks: fingers, toes amount, spine bones, tail, breasts, ears, duplicate or remove limbs to rig spiders, centaurs, or whatever!
Video tutorial, rig a centaur with the multi-limb feature: Centaur Rig
The picker panel dynamically updates, so you can select any bone from the separate panel easily.
Intuitive tool to edit the bone shapes, with automatic mirror:
Customizable UI: fully editable layout, buttons positions, colors, background pictures...
The Remap feature allows retargetting of any armature action to another one, with different bone names and bone orientations, supporting imported .bvh/.fbx armatures for example. Define the source armature, the target armature, and the animation will retarget according to the bones names matches and bones original orientation.
It support IK feet, hands for accurate motion tracking, and an interactive offset tool to remap to different characters proportions.
Additionally, to animate over a motion capture action on an additive layer, check the additive keyer addon (free)!
Game Engine Export
Auto-Rig Pro allows export to FBX format via a dedicated module, proven engines such as Unity or Unreal are supported, and probably other. Shape keys are transferred as well. Two export types are supported: Generic to export any characters and creatures, or Humanoid to keep a human bone hierarchy, allowing animation retargetting inside game engines. The bend bones and full facial rig are now exportable along both types.
Bring your poses to the next level!
The additive weights controllers offer a unique control over the pose. Located all along the limbs, they've been developed using an innovative system to operate on a second deformation layer, for fine pose sculpting, cartoon effects, bending, stretching, etc.
Just use it instead of corrective shape keys, or as a complement. Below a typical leg bent before and after tweaking the secondary controllers.
Tell Me More!
Extensive list of what the addon has to offer:
- Automatic bone placement solver based on mesh recognition for bipeds characters
- Edit Reference Bones feature to modify the rig anytime you want. No need to redo everything if a bone is not where you want it to be.
- Modular: only use what you need. Choose the number of fingers, toes, add optional tail, ears, breasts. Duplicate or remove limbs to rig multi-peds creatures.
- Fingers auto-rotation option: bend when scaling the first phalange
- Easy controller shape edition
- A clear, customizable bone picker
- Quick color customization
- Fully cartoon compliant: Stretchy spine, legs, arms...
- IK-FK snap with autokey working, and snaps properly when unlocking all the leg/forearm rotation axis
- IK-FK controllers auto hide
- Knees and elbows pinning
- Head rotation locked or free
- Bend all fingers in one click (fingers grasp), or rotate fingers phalanges from scale (optional)
- Manual eye rotation or target tracking
- Auto-eyelid rotation (optional)
- Multiple Child-Of constraints support for the IK hands and feet to change their parent space any time (e.g. if the character is driving a car, hands on the wheel, then grab the car door)
- Complete set of secondary controllers for fine pose sculpt
- Advanced facial setup with automated placement
- Improved skinning based on Blender's heatmaps. Auto-splitting of multiple elements
- Shape keys drivers creation tool
- Game engines support: Unity - Unreal Engine FBX Generic and Humanoid rig type
- Bone remapper to retarget any armature action to another one, with different bone names and bone orientations. BVH files compliant - Mixamo animations, with IK support
- Compliant with X-Muscle System for realistic muscles simulation
- And finally, the best thing: by buying this addon you support my work and the Blender foundation, its developers financially. A part of each sale is donated to them. It's worth a big thank you from the open source community, helping Blender remaining free and accessible for everyone! And obviously you ensure the funds for this addon next new features, bugfix. I'm making my best to constantly improve the beast, based on users requests and my own ideas. Have quick look at the release log below. You receive a notification when the addon is updated, and download it for free.
Make sure to uninstall the current addon before installing the new one and restart blender.
- Auto-Rig: New option "Init Scale" to initialize the armature scale after Match to Rig.
Game Engine Export:
- The panel interface has been redesigned and moved to File > Export > Auto-Rig Pro FBX, for simpler usage. There were too many buttons, confusing the export workflow. Now they're hidden when possible, also making clear wich parameters are available for Unity or for Unreal.
- New option to export the humanoid bones with similar orientations to the Unreal Mannequin, ("Mannequin Axes" checkbox): the Skeleton can now be defined directly as the Mannequin skeleton when importing in Unreal. Requires 4 spine bones.
- New option "Export Humanoid Actions Only" to export only the humanoid actions with names starting with "h_" after clicking "Bake All Actions".
- Baking all actions now deletes/overwrites previous baked ones if any.
- When setting/exporting the humanoid armature, it now initializes the armatures scale to 1.0 in order to prevent scale issues.
- Remap: Added an Unreal Mannequin preset
- Some custom shapes were not linked in the scene, causing issue with the Mirror Shapes tool
- Lips retain parameter when opening the jaw, with squash and stretch.
- Replaced the context.object access by context.active_object to avoid lost objects
- Auto eyelid rotation from the eyes rotation, adjustable slider in the Rig Main Properties tab when selecting the eyes or eyelids
- Moved the picker away from the rig to make sure it won't be visible in the viewport in large scene scale
- Improved the eyes picker shapes, easier to select
- Fingers auto rot with duplicated limbs
- FK>IK snap when inherit rotation is disabled
- Custom layout is now baked to the edit bones transforms, ensuring the feature when linking a character
- Smart: the rig scale were erroneous since the picker have been moved away
- Game engine: keep the forearm twist weights when unset
Auto Rig Pro Release!
No FAQ's found for this product.
Purchase this item to leave a review!