Need to rig characters quickly while aiming for feature film quality ?
As a professional animator and a Blender head generalist/coder, I share this addon first developped for my personal use to offer a proven workflow to animators and riggers, for movie production and providing Unity and Unreal Engine support.
Before rating it: If you encounter any bugs please report it. Sometime a new Blender version makes something buggy, or some special cases may be hard to predict, we're just humans! So please report it, and be assured you'll receive support/bugfix quickly. Updates are free and will remain free. Thanks for your understanding. Also make sure to read the FAQ and the documentation below.
Getting Started with Auto-Rig Pro:
Prerequisite: You need to know the bases of Blender's skinning tools, weight painting, especially to skin the facial bones wich requires more tweaking after the automatic skinning than the body.
Rig fast with the Smart feature
Position the reference bones so that they match your character proportions. To speed up this process, the smart tool will automatically try to find the body parts locations for you (bipeds only so far). Then, edit the result if needed (if your character is not a biped/ or for more accuracy), eventually place the facial bones and other extra limbs, and generate the final rig. The armature remains easily editable anytime after the generation. Check the product documentation and the youtube channel for more informations.
Customize the rig definition in a few clicks: fingers, toes amount, spine bones, tail, breasts, ears, duplicate or remove limbs to rig spiders, centaurs, or whatever!
Video tutorial, rig a centaur with the multi-limb feature: Centaur Rig
The picker panel dynamically updates, so you can select any bone from the separate panel easily.
Intuitive tool to edit the bone shapes:
The Remap feature allows retargetting of any armature action to another one, with different bone names and bone orientations, supporting Mixamo BVH files for example. Define the source armature, the target armature, and the animation will retarget according to the bones names match and bones original orientation.
It support IK feet, hands for accurate motion tracking, and an interactive offset tool to remap to different characters proportions.
Game Engine Export
Auto-Rig Pro allows export to FBX format via a dedicated module, making possible to use the rigged avatar in Unity or Unreal Engine. Shape keys are transferred as well. Two export types are supported: generic to export any characters and creatures, or humanoid to keep a human bone hierarchy, allowing animation retargetting inside game engines. The bend bones and full facial rig are now exportable along both types.
Tell Me More!
Extensive list of what's in the box:
- Automatic bone placement solver based on mesh recognition for bipeds character
- Edit Reference Bones feature to modify the rig anytime you want. No need to redo everything if a bone is not where you want it to be.
- Modular: only use what you need. Choose the number of fingers, toes, add optional tail, ears, breasts. Duplicate or remove limbs to rig multi-peds creatures.
- Easy bone shape edition
- A clear, easy to use bone picker
- Quick color customization
- Fully cartoon compliant: Stretchy spine, legs, arms...
- IK-FK snap with autokey working, and snaps properly when unlocking all the leg/forearm rotation axis
- Knees and elbows pinning
- Multiple Child-Of constraints support for the IK hands and feet to change their parent space any time (e.g. if the character is driving a car, hands on the wheel, then grab the car door)
- Complete set of secondary controllers for fine pose sculpt
- Advanced facial setup
- Shape keys drivers creation tool
- Game engines support: Unity - Unreal Engine FBX Generic and Humanoid rig type
- Bone remapper to retarget any armature action to another one, with different bone names and bone orientations. BVH files compliant - Mixamo animations, with IK support
- Compliant with X-Muscle System for realistic muscles simulation
- And finally, the best thing: by buying this addon you support my work and the Blender foundation, its developers financially. It's worth a big thank you from the open source community, helping Blender remaining free and accessible for everyone. And obviously you ensure the funds for this addon next new features, bugfix. I'm making my best to constantly improve the beast, based on users requests and my own ideas. Have quick look at the release log below. You receive a notification when the addon is updated, and download it for free.
Make sure to uninstall the current addon before installing the new one and restart blender.
- Add Armature button to automatically load the armature and picker panel in the scene (Blender 2.79 test build and above only)
- When using the Smart tool, the armature is loaded as well if not already in the scene (Blender 2.79 test build and above only)
- Remove the armature by clicking the X button next to it.
- Quick facial screenshot for the UI picker
- Custom layout arrangement for the UI picker
- Orthographic picker camera
- Eyes skinning documentation update:
Removed the numpy import, was no more in used and causing problem on 32-bits platform
- Fingers detection failed with blocky fingers
- The turn function was broken
- The UI font is now packed into the Blend, ensuring proper display on different OS
- Smart tool leading to an error after modifiers check
- Force matcaps and backface cull to disable when setting up the picker camera
Game Engine Export
- Export the toes if necessary with the humanoid type
- Optional head lock (inherit rotation from the neck)
- Rig Tools addon to enable IK snap and other features when Auto-Rig Pro is not installed
- The twist and stretch bones for the arms and legs are now better positionned, halfway of the full bone length
The bot bend bone did not get removed from the picker panel when disabled
- Support free feet orientation! They don't need to be aligned anymore :)
- New 'Turn' buttons to rotate the character by 90° steps to face the camera before the detection
- To clean the interface, the markers are now deleted after pressing the 'Go' button. To restore them, a new button has been added: 'Restore Last Session'
- Improved the spine, wrist and fingers detection, especially if the arms/hands are inclined 45° (A-Pose), wich were hardly supported before.
Game Engine Export
- Bake All button to bake all of the actions to the humanoid armature at once
- Cosmetic, the markers are now drawn using fancy openGL stuffs!
- Improved the toes end position for the foot roll based on the ground
- Set the scene simplify parameter to 0 for subdivision (and restore it after the operation), to speed up the humanoid unset
- Before the detection, if necessary, remove the mesh parent, reveal hidden vertices, apply the rotation
- Root volume not detected with very low poly meshes
Game Engine Export
- Check for non-existing vertex groups in case of deletion
- Check for subsurf modifier with shape keys, disable for export
- Fix the mirror foot controller shape orientation
- Included the lip_top.x bone in the facial set
Auto Rig Pro Release!
No FAQ's found for this product.
Purchase this item to leave a review!