Need to rig characters quickly while aiming for feature film quality ?
As a professional animator and a Blender head generalist/coder, I share this addon first developped for my personal use to offer a proven workflow to animators and riggers, providing Unity and Unreal Engine support.
Before rating it: if you encounter any bugs please report it. Sometime a new Blender version makes something buggy, or some special cases may be hard to predict, we're just humans! So please report it, and be assured you'll receive support/bugfix quickly. Updates are free and will remain free. Thanks for your understanding. Also make sure to read the FAQ and the documentation.
Rig fast with the Smart feature
Position the reference bones so that they match your character proportions. To speed up this process, a built-in solver will automatically try to find the body parts for you (bipeds only so far) and place the bones accordingly. Then, edit the result if needed (if your character is not a biped/ or fore more accuracy), place the facial bones and other extra limbs, and generate the final rig. The armature remains easily editable anytime. Check the product documentation and the youtube channel for more informations.
Customize the rig definition in a few clicks: fingers, toes amount, spine bones, tail, breasts, ears, duplicate or remove limbs to rig spiders, centaurs, or whatever...
Finally, add your own bones over to complete (hair, or any specific needs...)
Video tutorial, rig a centaur with the multi-limb feature: Centaur Rig
The picker panel dynamically updates, so you can select any bone from the separate panel easily.
Editing the bone shape is now a child's play.
Customize the colors:
The Remap feature allows retargetting of any armature action to another one, with different bone names and bone orientations, supporting Mixamo BVH files for example. Define the source armature, the target armature, and the animation will retarget according to the bones names match and bones original orientation.
It support IK feet, hands for accurate motion tracking, and an interactive offset tool to remap to different characters proportions.
Tell Me More!
Extensive list of what's in the box:
- Automatic bone placement solver based on mesh recognition for bipeds character
- Edit Reference Bones feature to modify the rig anytime you want. No need to redo everything if a bone is not where you want it to be.
- Modular: only use what you need. Choose the number of fingers, toes, add optional tail, ears, breasts. Duplicate or remove limbs to rig multi-peds creatures.
- Easy bone shape edition
- A clear, easy to use bone picker
- Quick color customization
- Fully cartoon compliant: Stretchy spine, legs, arms...
- IK-FK snap with autokey working, and snaps properly when unlocking all the leg/forearm rotation axis
- Knees and elbows pinning
- Multiple Child-Of constraints support for the IK hands and feet to change their parent space any time (e.g. if the character is driving a car, hands on the wheel, then grab the car door)
- Complete set of secondary controllers for fine pose sculpt
- Advanced facial setup
- Shape keys drivers creation tool
- Game engines support: Unity - Unreal Engine FBX Generic and Humanoid rig type
- Bone remapper to retarget any armature action to another one, with different bone names and bone orientations. BVH files compliant - Mixamo animations, with IK support
- Compliant with X-Muscle System for realistic muscles simulation
- 11.869 lines of code craziness
- And finally, the best thing: by buying this addon you support my work and the Blender foundation, its developers financially. It's worth a big thank you from the open source community, helping Blender remaining free and accessible for everyone. And obviously you ensure the funds for this addon next new features, bugfix. I'm making my best to constantly improve the beast, based on users requests and my own ideas. Have quick look at the release log below. You receive a notification when the addon is updated, and download it for free.
Make sure to uninstall the current addon before installing the new one and restart blender.
- Split Parts option when binding for better handling of separate meshes (hat, glasses, clothes...)
- UI layout with tabs, more compact
- Color sets
- Game engine export: removed the base fingers bones from the humanoid rig
- Other unit scale than 1.0 did not move picker panel bone properly (spine count, duplicated limbs)
- Switching to Unreal or Blender units after posing a character without keyframes did not preserve the pose. Now the necessary controllers are keyed before switching. Also the foot_cursor controller Transform constraint values are now scaled as well, preserving animation data.
- Remapper: More tools to help redefining the rest pose
- Multiple objects binding
- Game engine export: Option to rename the bones of the Humanoid armature for Unreal naming
- Game engine export: Automatic transfer of the twist bones to the stretch bones, skull bones, neck, fixed the bot_bend deform to the rig add, transfer of the spines_bend and bot_bend
- Stretch not resetting after converting UE units to Blender units
- The Remap Auto-Scale feature did not operate in rest pose
- Fix the UE rename 'calvicle'>'clavicle'
- 3.08: New core engine for the remapper. Simpler to setup, more reliable. IK support. Fixed a snap IK-FK bug.
- 3.07: Unreal Engine humanoid support. a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h versions: fixed the edited bone shape parent, fixed the reset stretch when reverting to Blender units for UE export, removed unused drivers on the humanoid armature, handling of multiple meshes when setting units for game engines, scale the shape keys expressions as well when changing units, uncheck deform for humanoid disabled limbs (such as facial bones), fixed controllers scale with different units than 1.0, fixed Blender 2.78c API change
- 3.06: New feature: Edit Shape, to quickly edit the bone custom shape.
- 3.05a: New features: Multi-limb and disable limb support, one more optional bone for the spine, various fixes and improvements.
- 3.03b: Fix a syntax error with Blender version 2.68 only.
- 3.03a: Now compliant with the X-Muscle System addon: to display the deforming bones, enable the layer 31 (bottom right last layer) of the armature. Fixed a twisting toes issue.
- 3.0a (Incrementing straight to 3.0 to clarify Blender current version and Auto-Rig Pro :-), and great new features!) -Cosmetic: clearer, bolder font text in the picker panel -Asymetric rig support - Fixed a double translation on the thumb first phalange - Fixed the slight elbow/knee offset when snapping FK>IK with stretch (finally!) - Disabled the bendy bone feature of the humanoid armature.
- 1.0: Auto Rig Pro Release
No FAQ's found for this product.
Purchase this item to leave a review!