To upgrade from Lite to Full version, enter the coupon code below when purchasing:
What is Auto-Rig Pro?
Auto-Rig Pro is an addon for Blender to rig characters, retarget animations, and provide Fbx export, with presets for Unity and Unreal Engine. First developed as my own in-house rigging tool, i've released it a few years ago and it expanded quickly thanks to great support from the community!
Want to try first? Download Mike, free character rig here.
Getting Started with Auto-Rig Pro:
Rig fast with the Smart feature
For humanoid characters, the Smart feature can automatically place the bones to speed up the process, after adding the green markers. The result remains editable.
Non-humanoid characters can also be rigged without the Smart feature, manually (horse, dog...).
Built for performances, allowing fast animation playback.
Important note about skinning: If possible, use water-tight geometry for best auto-skinning results. Knowing the bases of Blender's skinning tools, weight painting, to fine tweak the bones influences is recommended. Read the doc for more informations.
Modular - Fully Featured
Customize the rig definition in a few clicks: fingers, wings, toes, spine bones, multiple neck bones, tail, breasts, ears and much more. Duplicate or remove limbs to rig spiders, centaurs... or whatever!
Video tutorial, rig a centaur with the multi-limb feature: Centaur Rig
Wings limb for advanced feathers rig:
Spline IK limb to rig ropes, tentacles, IK spine...
Advanced Spline IK
3 bones IK for quadrupedal creatures:
Intuitive tool to edit the bone shapes, with automatic mirror:
Customizable UI: fully editable layout, buttons positions, colors, background pictures... The picker panel dynamically updates, so you can select any bone from the separate panel easily.
The Remap feature allows retargetting of any armature action to another one, with different bone names and bone orientations, supporting imported .bvh/.fbx armatures for example. It's universal: works with Auto-Rig Pro, Rigify, custom rigs... Define the source armature, the target armature, and the animation will retarget according to the bones names matches and bones original orientation.
It support IK feet, hands for accurate motion tracking, and an interactive offset tool to remap to different characters proportions.
Game Engine Export
Auto-Rig Pro allows export to FBX format via a dedicated module, to proven engines such as Unity or Unreal Engine.
2 export types: Universal to export the skeleton of any creatures, and Humanoid for bipeds only, with options for easy retargetting and root motion.
- Support of multiple twist bones for optimal volume preservation in game engines, where dual quaternions skinning is not possible (top: single twist bone, below: 4 twist bones)
- Unit conversion to initialize the scale transforms values to 1.0 in Unity and Unreal Engine
- Unreal Mannequin compliant: support Mannequin bones hierarchy, bone axes conversion, bones naming
- Automatic A-Pose
- Support full facial rig, and advanced bones. "Twist" mode for secondary controllers, wrapped on bendy-bones for smooth curves effects, leading to 1:1 export compatibility in Fbx format
- "Soft-Linking" for cheap stretchy bone effect, Fbx compliant
- Actions are baked to the simplified rig
- Animated shape keys (blend shapes) support
- Selective/multiple action export
- Root motion support
Note: Glb/Gltf export is not yet embedded with Auto-Rig Pro, but the Cascadeur to Game Engines addon supports it!
Bring your poses to the next level!
The secondary controllers offer a unique control over the pose. Located all along the limbs, they're dedicated to fine pose sculpting, cartoon effects, bending, stretching, etc. Three deformations mode in option: Twist (exportable to Fbx and bendy-bones based for best compatibility), Additive (exportable to FBX), Bendy-Bones (Blender only).
Just use them instead of corrective shape keys, or as a complement. Below a typical leg bent before and after tweaking the secondary controllers.
Corrective shape keys can be created easily with a dedicated tool supporting IK-FK bone chains:
Rig LayersStore bones, armature layers, objects and collection in custom rig layers to easily manage the character features: hide or show clothes, hair, bones controller...
Tell Me More!
Extensive list of what the addon has to offer:
- Automatic bone placement solver based on mesh recognition for bipeds characters. Asymmetrical models supported.
- Edit Reference Bones feature to modify the rig anytime you want. No need to redo everything if a bone is not where you want it to be.
- Apply Pose as Rest Pose feature to quickly change the rest pose of the character, aligning reference bones on it and applying armature modifiers in a single click
- Modular: only rig what you need. Fingers, toes, ears, breast, adjustable amount of spine, neck, twist bones, tail, and neck bones... Duplicate, remove limbs to rig creatures with multiple arms and legs.
- Fingers auto-rotation option: bend when scaling the first phalange, pre-defined fist pose
- Easy controller shape edition
- Bone picker: Can be turned on/off, import/export presets. Customizable.
- Colors customization
- Cartoon compliant: stretchy spine, legs, arms...
- IK-FK snap autokey compliant, snaps properly when unlocking all the leg/forearm rotation axis
- IK-FK controllers auto hide
- Hybrid IK pole / IK arrow vector
- 2 or 3 bones IK chains for legs
- Knees and elbows pinning
- Head rotation locked or free
- Bend all fingers in one click (fingers grasp), fist pre-defined pose, auto rotation of fingers phalanges from scale
- IK/FK eyes
- Auto-eyelid rotation
- Multiple Child-Of constraints support for the IK hands and feet to change their parent space any time (e.g. if the character is driving a car, hands on the wheel, then grab the car door)
- Complete set of secondary controllers for fine pose sculpt
- Advanced facial setup with automated placement
- Improved skinning based on Blender's heatmaps. Auto-splitting of multiple elements + voxelization. Compliant with the Voxel Heat Diffuse Skinning addon.
- Shape keys drivers creation tool
- Game engines support, FBX: Unity - Unreal Engine. Generic, Humanoid and Universal rig type
- Bone remapper to retarget any armature action to another one, with different bone names and bone orientations. IK support. BVH, FBX files compliant, e.g. Mixamo animations.
- Compliant with X-Muscle System for realistic muscles simulation
- By buying this addon you support my work and the Blender foundation, its developers financially. A part of each sale is donated to them. It's worth a big thank you from the open source community, helping Blender remaining free and accessible for everyone! And obviously you ensure the funds for this addon next new features, bugfix. I'm making my best to constantly improve the beast, based on users requests and my own ideas. Have quick look at the release log below. You receive a notification when the addon is updated, and download it for free.
Auto-Rig Pro is actively used in the film and video-game industry, a few examples:
Usurpator: Video-game (Unreal Engine)
Trail of Nanook: Video-game (Unity)
Team Dronix: TV serie
Gus: TV serie
Julie Jamrock: TV serie (in progress)
Escape Legacy: Ancient Scrolls: Video-game
Mythfits: TV serie (trailer)
And many more!...
Make sure to uninstall the current addon before installing the new one and restart blender.
Rig: Rig Layers are now compatible with Library Overrides
Rig: Better alignment of stretch and pin controllers of arms and legs by default. Since this can break animation compatibility with previous rigs, a toggle has been added in the Legacy popup.
Rig: New Import-Export settings: import reference bones transforms for selected bones only + custom shapes toggle
Rig: Rig Layers can now be imported or exported, as files to custom location and as preset for quick import later from the dropdown list
Rig: Rig: The "Set Pose" feature now maintains the feet/hips height, skipping manual tweaks
Rig: ~60-150% speedup when clicking "Match to Rig", by refactoring and optimizing functions
Rig: "Set Picker Cam" now works with proxies without making a proxy of the camera, if "Instance Collection" is enabled (external contribution, thanks to PiOverFour)
Rig: Euler keyframes can now be converted to Quaternion for a given frame range and vice versa, with a new tool to convert selected bones rotations
Rig: New "Head Lock" default setting in the addon preferences to have it enabled or disabled by default
Rig: New IK-FK default setting for arms and legs, in "Limb Options" panel for per-limb setting, and in the addon preferences as global settings
Rig: Tail limbs can now be added multiple times, and duplicated as well
Rig-Quick Rig: Support for locked rig fom Quick Rig
Smart: Enable automatically "Refine Head Weights" if there is no facial markers for better skinning results
Smart: More accurate heel bones detection
Smart: The smart detection now supports facial only (up to now, facial required body as well)
Export: New "Actions Manager" to group actions to export by list (thanks Jesper for supporting). Useful when dealing with dozen of actions.
Export: Non Auto-Rig Pro armatures can now be exported (thanks Jesper for supporting)
Export: Added "Embed Texture" setting in the Misc tab, similarly to the Blender's default Fbx exporter
Export: Support multiple tail limbs
Export: Exported actions names can now contain only the base name, instead of ArmatureName|ActionName, plus additional settings to replace the "|" character with "_" or "-"
Export: "Set Soft-link bone" was applied to bones from opposite side if X-Mirror was enabled
Export: Soft-link was leading to inconsistent thigh and arm bones position when "Secondary Controllers" was "None"
Export: Error if multiple neck bones without parent
Export: Error when setting custom bones
Export: Fingers with 'Rot from Scale' had incorrect scale
Export: Eyelids issue
Rig: Binding could lead to bones being overstretched if X-Mirror was enabled
Rig: Breast bones not parented automatically in some cases
Rig: Adding the hand fist controller did not work when fingers were not in layer 0
Rig: "Apply Pose as Rest Pose" and binding operations not compliant with some modifiers such as Multires
Rig: Feather controller are now in Euler rotation mode by default when created
Rig: Apply Pose as Rest Pose wasn't working with custom bones
Skin: Vertices selection were not restored
Skin: Binding was broken due to the previous fix
Remap-Export: Incorrect euler rotation values when baking animation in some cases
Smart: Thumb and pinky bones could be swapped in some caes, fixed by adding more tests in fingers location values
Smart: After detecting, only restore visibility of hidden objects when starting the detection, instead of all objects
Smart: Vertex size could not be restored if an error was thrown before the end of the process
Smart: "Facial Only" could lead to re-scale the existing rig
Choose a product version:
|Dev Fund Contributor|
|Published||about 5 years ago|
|Software Version||2.79, 2.8, 2.81, 2.82, 2.83, 2.9, 2.91, 2.92, 2.93|
Have questions before purchasing?
Contact the Creator with your questions right now.Login to Message