Need to rig characters quickly while aiming for feature film quality ?
As a professional animator and a Blender head generalist/coder, I'm glad to share this addon first developped for my personal use to offer a proven workflow to animators and riggers, for movie production and providing Unity and Unreal Engine support.
Wonder what you can do with it? Rig features demo
Before rating it: If you encounter any bugs please report it. Sometime a new Blender version makes something buggy, or some special cases may be hard to predict, we're just humans! So please report it, and be assured you'll receive support/bugfix quickly. Updates are free and will remain free. Thanks for your understanding. Also make sure to read the FAQ and the documentation below.
Getting Started with Auto-Rig Pro:
Prerequisite: If possible, use water-tight geometry for best auto-skinning results. Knowing the bases of Blender's skinning tools, weight painting, to fine tweak the bones influences is recommended.
Due to recent API changes, Blender 2.78c is required, 2.79 is recommended.
Rig fast with the Smart feature
Position the reference bones so that they match your character proportions. To speed up this process, the smart tool will automatically try to find the body parts locations for you (bipeds only so far). Then, edit the result if needed (if your character is not a biped/ or for more accuracy), eventually place the facial bones and other extra limbs, and generate the final rig. Based on a non-destructive workflow, the armature remains easily editable anytime after the generation. Check the product documentation and the youtube channel for more informations.
Customize the rig definition in a few clicks: fingers, toes amount, spine bones, tail, breasts, ears, duplicate or remove limbs to rig spiders, centaurs, or whatever!
Video tutorial, rig a centaur with the multi-limb feature: Centaur Rig
The picker panel dynamically updates, so you can select any bone from the separate panel easily.
Intuitive tool to edit the bone shapes, with automatic mirror:
Customizable UI: fully editable layout, buttons positions, colors, background pictures...
The Remap feature allows retargetting of any armature action to another one, with different bone names and bone orientations, supporting imported .bvh/.fbx armatures for example. Define the source armature, the target armature, and the animation will retarget according to the bones names matches and bones original orientation.
It support IK feet, hands for accurate motion tracking, and an interactive offset tool to remap to different characters proportions.
Additionally, to animate over a motion capture action on an additive layer, check the additive keyer addon (free)!
Game Engine Export
Auto-Rig Pro allows export to FBX format via a dedicated module, to proven engines such as Unity or Unreal Engine, and probably others not yet tested. Shape keys are transferred as well.
Three export types: Universal to export a simplified bones hierarchy for any creature, Humanoid for bipeds only, with options for easy retargetting and root motion, and Generic to export the deforming bones and the non-deforming ones if they are parent of the deforming bones.
- Twist bones included in option
- Unit conversion to initialize the scale transforms to 1.0
- Unreal Mannequin bones hierarchy and naming
- Full facial, and advanced bones such as tweak bones
- Actions baked on the simplified rig
- Selective action export
Bring your poses to the next level!
The additive weights controllers offer a unique control over the pose. Located all along the limbs, they've been developed using an innovative system to operate on a second layer of deformation, for fine pose sculpting, cartoon effects, bending, stretching, etc. Two deformations mode in option: Additive (exportable to FBX) and Bendy Bones.
Just use them instead of corrective shape keys, or as a complement. Below a typical leg bent before and after tweaking the secondary controllers.
Tell Me More!
Extensive list of what the addon has to offer:
- Automatic bone placement solver based on mesh recognition for bipeds characters
- Edit Reference Bones feature to modify the rig anytime you want. No need to redo everything if a bone is not where you want it to be.
- Modular: only use what you need. Choose the number of fingers, toes, add optional tail, ears, breasts. Duplicate or remove limbs to rig multi-peds creatures.
- Fingers auto-rotation option: bend when scaling the first phalange
- Easy controller shape edition
- A clear, customizable bone picker
- Quick color customization
- Fully cartoon compliant: Stretchy spine, legs, arms...
- IK-FK snap with autokey working, and snaps properly when unlocking all the leg/forearm rotation axis
- IK-FK controllers auto hide
- Hybrid IK pole / IK arrow vector
- Knees and elbows pinning
- Head rotation locked or free
- Bend all fingers in one click (fingers grasp), or rotate fingers phalanges from scale (optional)
- IK/FK eyes
- Auto-eyelid rotation
- Multiple Child-Of constraints support for the IK hands and feet to change their parent space any time (e.g. if the character is driving a car, hands on the wheel, then grab the car door)
- Complete set of secondary controllers for fine pose sculpt
- Advanced facial setup with automated placement
- Improved skinning based on Blender's heatmaps. Auto-splitting of multiple elements
- Shape keys drivers creation tool
- Game engines support, FBX: Unity - Unreal Engine, Generic, Humanoid and Universal rig type
- Bone remapper to retarget any armature action to another one, with different bone names and bone orientations. BVH, FBX files compliant - Mixamo animations, with IK support
- Compliant with X-Muscle System for realistic muscles simulation
- By buying this addon you support my work and the Blender foundation, its developers financially. A part of each sale is donated to them. It's worth a big thank you from the open source community, helping Blender remaining free and accessible for everyone! And obviously you ensure the funds for this addon next new features, bugfix. I'm making my best to constantly improve the beast, based on users requests and my own ideas. Have quick look at the release log below. You receive a notification when the addon is updated, and download it for free.
Make sure to uninstall the current addon before installing the new one and restart blender.
- New deformation mode for the secondary arms/legs bones: Bendy Bones (Additive being the original and default mode).
- The orientation of the legs and arms secondary bones have been changed for better results.
- Neck_01.x weights were transferred to spine_02.x even when there was a third spine.
- Included the custom bones 'cc_' to the Reset All function.
- Auto rotation of the finger base bones according to the pinky base (the other bones now nicely spread out)
- Fist controller in option, to blend the fingers pose into a fist pose predefined by the user. This allows a better grasp than the "Fingers Grasp" property. A new action must be created, including "rig_fist" in its name before adding the controller. With only the fingers keyframed, frame 0 = fingers rest pose, frame 10 = fingers fist pose.
- UI changes of the previous "No Auto Rot" button to "Disabled", now with icons.
Controllers shapes improvements, the default head shape is now a circle on top.
Fingers shapes can now be defined as box or circles.
- The eye targets (IK eyes) are now enabled by default.
- Game Engine Export: Since there is no dual quaternions skinning in game engines, added a "Twist Amount" value when exporting the twist bones. 0.5 generally gives better results. Below comparative pictures before (1.0 influence) and after (0.5 influence) when twisting the hand 120°. Better volume preservation.
- Improved the advanced bones export
- Custom bones without parent was not allowed
- FBX export could delete the mesh if in a hidden layer
- Revert units to previous setting instead of Metric
- An action was created when forcing the action export, when no attached actions was already created
- Game Engine Export: New "Universal" type next to "Generic" and "Humanoid", to export a simplified bones hierarchy for any creatures (biped, quadrupeds, any peds...)
- Internal fbx export weirdness: exporting lips bones in Humanoid could lead to strange rotation. Fixed by adding unnoticeable noise displacement to make the bones not perfectly vertical.
- Restricted the drivers deletion to the duplicated fingers when removing the fingers from a duplicated arm.
- Reverting the Push Bone operation after exporting could be incorrect for the scale transform.
- Make sure auto-keyframe is disabled before exporting
Auto Rig Pro Release!
No FAQ's found for this product.
Purchase this item to leave a review!