Need to rig characters quickly while aiming for feature film quality ?
As a professional animator and a Blender head generalist/coder, i'm sharing this addon to offer a proven workflow to animators and riggers.
Before rating it: if you encounter any bugs please report it. Sometime a new Blender version makes something unstable and buggy, or some special cases may be hard to predict, we're just humans! So please report it, and be assured i'll do my best it to fix it quickly. Updates are free and will remain free. Thanks for your understanding. Also make sure to read the FAQ and the documentation below.
Place the markers, adjust the guide bones, click the button and there you go! You get a customized rig with an ergonomic bone picker, facial setup, IK-FK snap, a complete set of secondary bones, a dedicated tool for shape key drivers, and more. Import your BVH files and retarget it on Auto-Rig Pro or any other armature type with the Remap tool!
How Does It Work?
- Append the Auto-Rig Pro armature in your model file
- Install the addons
- Place the markers/reference bones
- Click the match button to generate the rig
So basically all you have to do is positionning the reference bones so that they match your character proportions. To speed up this process, a built-in solver will automatically try to find the body parts (head, neck, arms, fingers...) and place the bones accordingly. Then, edit the result to get an accurate facial bones placement or whether the character does not match the requirements for auto-detection (no T-pose, special model...). Check the product documentation and the youtube channel for more details and instructions.
It's modular: only use and display what you need, set the number of toes, fingers, whether the character has a tail, breasts, or ears, duplicate or remove limbs...
Then clicking the Match To Rig button will carefully move, rotate and roll all of the hundreds of necessary bones, resetting constraints if needed and so on, so that you don't care at all about the technical stuff behind to make the rig mechanic work properly. Just tweak the controller size if they don't fit the volume of your character at the end of the process.
Tell Me More!
What's in the box:
- Automatic bone placement solver based on mesh recognition
- Edit Reference Bones feature to modify the reference bones and adjusting the rig anytime you want. No need to redo everything if a bone is not where you want it to be.
- Bipeds and quadrupeds support
- Modular: only use what you need. Choose the number of fingers, toes, add optional tail, ears, breasts. Duplicate or remove limbs to rig multi-peds creatures.
- Easy bone shape edition:
- A clear, easy to use and colorful bone picker
- Fully cartoon compliant: Stretchy spine, legs, arms...
- IK-FK snap with autokey working, and snaps properly when unlocking all the leg/forearm rotation axis
- Knees and elbows pinning
- Multiple Child-Of constraints support for the IK hands and feet to change their parent space any time
- Complete set of secondary controllers for fine pose sculpt
- Advanced facial setup
- Shape keys drivers creation tool
- Game engines support: Unity FBX Generic and Humanoid rig type
- Bone remapper to retarget any armature action to another one, with different bone names and bone orientations. BVH files compliant.
- Compliant with X-Muscle System
- And finally, the best thing: by buying this addon you support my work and the Blender foundation, its developers financially. It's worth a big thank you from the open source community, helping Blender remaining free and accessible for everyone. And obviously you ensure the funds for this addon next new features, bugfix. I'm making my best to constantly improve the beast, based on users requests and my own ideas. Have quick look at the release log below. You receive a notification when the addon is updated, and download it for free.
Make sure to uninstall the current addon before installing the new one and restart blender.
- 3.06: New feature: Edit Shape, to quickly edit the bone custom shape.
- 3.05a: New features: Multi-limb and disable limb support, one more optional bone for the spine, various fixes and improvements.
- 3.03b: Fix a syntax error with Blender version 2.68 only.
- 3.03a: Now compliant with the X-Muscle System addon: to display the deforming bones, enable the layer 31 (bottom right last layer) of the armature. Fixed a twisting toes issue.
- 3.0a (Incrementing straight to 3.0 to clarify Blender current version and Auto-Rig Pro :-), and great new features!) -Cosmetic: clearer, bolder font text in the picker panel -Asymetric rig support - Fixed a double translation on the thumb first phalange - Fixed the slight elbow/knee offset when snapping FK>IK with stretch (finally!) - Disabled the bendy bone feature of the humanoid armature.
- 2.76: New feature for the Remap tool, Guess Orientation to automatically find the axis mapping. It compares the rotations of the source and target bones in Rest Pose and apply the corresponding values. Improved the hand custom bone shape.
- 2.75g: New: Unity export, full Humanoid rig type support. Check the documentation. Improved finger detections. Fixes: Enabled deforming eyebrow bones for the Humanoid armature. A property didn't unregister in a script library. Handles space characters in bones names for the Remap tool.
- 2.74: 'Find 5 fingers' checkbox for the Smart feature, covering cases where the character has no fingers or less than 5 fingers.
- 2.73: New Feature: Bone Remapping. Tool for remapping any armature to another one with different bone names and rotation. Can be used with BVH imported armature. I've made a video tutorial on the ARP youtube channel, but no written documentation yet, to come soon. Remapper tutorial
- 2.72: Improved bone shapes, 'box' style layout for easier selection. Improved hiding of IK-FK controllers.
- 2.71: New export to Unity feature (See doc). Fixed a strange crash when appending ARP with Blender 2.68a: moved the UI text hierarchy.
- 2.69: Fixed the IK pole snap.
- 2.68: Cool new features: We're going more modular! Facial, ears, tail, breasts, multiple fingers and toes are now dynamically added or removed from the character. Quadruped controller orientation (horizontal) support. Fixed an out of memory CUDA bug occuring with motion blur + proxy picker.
- 1.0: Release
No FAQ's found for this product.
Purchase this item to leave a review!