Need to rig characters quickly while aiming for feature film quality ?
As a professional animator and a Blender head generalist/coder, I share this addon first developped for my personal use to offer a proven workflow to animators and riggers, providing Unity and Unreal Engine support.
Before rating it: if you encounter any bugs please report it. Sometime a new Blender version makes something buggy, or some special cases may be hard to predict, we're just humans! So please report it, and be assured you'll receive support/bugfix quickly. Updates are free and will remain free. Thanks for your understanding. Also make sure to read the FAQ and the documentation.
Rig fast with the Smart feature
Position the reference bones so that they match your character proportions. To speed up this process, a built-in solver will automatically try to find the body parts for you (bipeds only so far) and place the bones accordingly. Then, edit the result if needed (if your character is not a biped/ or fore more accuracy), place the facial bones and other extra limbs, and generate the final rig. The armature remains easily editable anytime. Check the product documentation and the youtube channel for more informations.
Customize the rig definition in a few clicks: fingers, toes amount, spine bones, tail, breasts, ears, duplicate or remove limbs to rig spiders, centaurs, or whatever...
Finally, add your own bones over to complete (hair, or any specific needs...)
Video tutorial, rig a centaur with the multi-limb feature: Centaur Rig
The picker panel dynamically updates, so you can select any bone from the separate panel easily.
Editing the bone shape is now a child's play.
The Remap feature allows retargetting of any armature action to another one, with different bone names and bone orientations, supporting BVH file for example. Define the source armature, the target armature, and the animation will retarget according to the bones names match and bones original orientation.
Tell Me More!
Extensive list of what's in the box:
- Automatic bone placement solver based on mesh recognition
- Edit Reference Bones feature to modify the reference bones and adjusting the rig anytime you want. No need to redo everything if a bone is not where you want it to be.
- Modular: only use what you need. Choose the number of fingers, toes, add optional tail, ears, breasts. Duplicate or remove limbs to rig multi-peds creatures.
- Easy bone shape edition
- A clear, easy to use and colorful bone picker
- Fully cartoon compliant: Stretchy spine, legs, arms...
- IK-FK snap with autokey working, and snaps properly when unlocking all the leg/forearm rotation axis
- Knees and elbows pinning
- Multiple Child-Of constraints support for the IK hands and feet to change their parent space any time (e.g. if the character is driving a car, hands on the wheel, then grab the car door)
- Complete set of secondary controllers for fine pose sculpt
- Advanced facial setup
- Shape keys drivers creation tool
- Game engines support: Unity - Unreal Engine FBX Generic and Humanoid rig type
- Bone remapper to retarget any armature action to another one, with different bone names and bone orientations. BVH files compliant.
- Compliant with X-Muscle System for realistic muscles simulation
- And finally, the best thing: by buying this addon you support my work and the Blender foundation, its developers financially. It's worth a big thank you from the open source community, helping Blender remaining free and accessible for everyone. And obviously you ensure the funds for this addon next new features, bugfix. I'm making my best to constantly improve the beast, based on users requests and my own ideas. Have quick look at the release log below. You receive a notification when the addon is updated, and download it for free.
Make sure to uninstall the current addon before installing the new one and restart blender.
- 3.07: Unreal Engine humanoid support. a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h versions: fixed the edited bone shape parent, fixed the reset stretch when reverting to Blender units for UE export, removed unused drivers on the humanoid armature, handling of multiple meshes when setting units for game engines, scale the shape keys expressions as well when changing units, uncheck deform for humanoid disabled limbs (such as facial bones), fixed controllers scale with different units than 1.0, fixed Blender 2.78c API change
- 3.06: New feature: Edit Shape, to quickly edit the bone custom shape.
- 3.05a: New features: Multi-limb and disable limb support, one more optional bone for the spine, various fixes and improvements.
- 3.03b: Fix a syntax error with Blender version 2.68 only.
- 3.03a: Now compliant with the X-Muscle System addon: to display the deforming bones, enable the layer 31 (bottom right last layer) of the armature. Fixed a twisting toes issue.
- 3.0a (Incrementing straight to 3.0 to clarify Blender current version and Auto-Rig Pro :-), and great new features!) -Cosmetic: clearer, bolder font text in the picker panel -Asymetric rig support - Fixed a double translation on the thumb first phalange - Fixed the slight elbow/knee offset when snapping FK>IK with stretch (finally!) - Disabled the bendy bone feature of the humanoid armature.
- 2.76: New feature for the Remap tool, Guess Orientation to automatically find the axis mapping. It compares the rotations of the source and target bones in Rest Pose and apply the corresponding values. Improved the hand custom bone shape.
- 2.75g: New: Unity export, full Humanoid rig type support. Check the documentation. Improved finger detections. Fixes: Enabled deforming eyebrow bones for the Humanoid armature. A property didn't unregister in a script library. Handles space characters in bones names for the Remap tool.
- 2.74: 'Find 5 fingers' checkbox for the Smart feature, covering cases where the character has no fingers or less than 5 fingers.
- 2.73: New Feature: Bone Remapping. Tool for remapping any armature to another one with different bone names and rotation. Can be used with BVH imported armature. I've made a video tutorial on the ARP youtube channel, but no written documentation yet, to come soon. Remapper tutorial
- 2.72: Improved bone shapes, 'box' style layout for easier selection. Improved hiding of IK-FK controllers.
- 2.71: New export to Unity feature (See doc). Fixed a strange crash when appending ARP with Blender 2.68a: moved the UI text hierarchy.
- 2.69: Fixed the IK pole snap.
- 2.68: Cool new features: We're going more modular! Facial, ears, tail, breasts, multiple fingers and toes are now dynamically added or removed from the character. Quadruped controller orientation (horizontal) support. Fixed an out of memory CUDA bug occuring with motion blur + proxy picker.
- 1.0: Auto Rig Pro Release
No FAQ's found for this product.
Purchase this item to leave a review!