Iterative object assembly animations made simple
AssemblMe is an add-on for Blender that makes layer-by-layer animation efficient and non-destructive. Blender offers excellent physics and particle simulation tools, but when you've got a final resting place for your objects, you'll find yourself keyframing each object individually. AssemblMe provides an intuitive and efficient workflow for creating (and adjusting) assembly and disassembly animations in seconds.
AssemblMe for LEGO Structures
So you've got a LEGO (or Minecraft!) model in Blender, and you'd like to animate the bricks building themselves. That's great! That's exactly the problem this add-on was designed to solve. Select your model, hit 'Create Build Animation', and you're done! That's right, it's as easy as that! There are plenty of parameters for you to play around with, so you can tweak the animation to look just like you envisioned it. Works great with the Bricker add on!
AssemblMe for Motion Graphics
Motion graphics and logo design with multiple objects in Blender is also a breeze with AssemblMe. Simply add all of the objects to a group, adjust the parameters to your liking, and create the animation for a beautiful assembly motion graphic in seconds! NOTE: Animation is currently limited to straight lines from the starting position to the final resting position (though the starting/resting positions are very customizable).
We worked closely with artists to develop a simple and intuitive UI, complete with in-viewport animation guides, customizable and relevant status updates, and a wide range of intuitive animation parameters for complete customization. Our goal was to develop an add-on so intuitive that you'll never find yourself asking "what does this do?" or "how do I get this to do what I want?". If you're new to Blender, this add-on is for you.
- Customizable layer size and orientation, build speed, velocity, and more.
- Bricks/Objects can be assembled or disassembled from any orientation.
- Initial location and rotation of brick/object can be customized and/or randomized.
- Create and manage multiple build animations in the same scene.
- Try out the default presets (Standard Build, Rain, Explode) or create your own!
- Convenient 'Start Over' button to clear generated animation.
- The sky is the (performance) limit! 'Create Build Animation' operation took just 1 second to run with over 2,000 objects on a standard laptop.
Our last major release (v1.1) added many features that you had been requesting. We hope to add functionality for animating objects along a curve in a future release (free to update), so keep your eye out for that!
Version 1.1.3 - 5/17/18
- Added 'Use Global Location' advanced option for child objects
- Improved code organization and efficiency
- Dozens of bug fixes
- Auto-updater added for convenient updating within blender's interface!
- Increased max parameter values and reworked 'Velocity' parameter to be more intuitive and flexible (Velocity values set with previous versions of AssemblMe will be updated automatically)
- New preset: "Step-by-Step" for slowly stepping through each layer
- You can now delete (and restore deleted) default presets
- Fixed a few minor issues
- Added functionality for creating and managing multiple build animations in the same scene
- Added preset manager for creating and removing custom presets
- Visualizer now auto-updates!
- Massive file size reduction (over 400x smaller)
- Fixed a few other misc issues
- Performance improvements for visualizer and object animation
- Added the ability to close 'Report Error' button
- Various misc fixes and typos
Version 1.0.0 - initial release
- Open up the AssemblMe tool panel from the 3D viewport by pressing the 'T' key and selecting the 'AssemblMe' tab on the far left.
- Choose the object group you wish to animate in the 'Animations' dropdown, or create a new group by selecting target objects and clicking 'From Selection'.
- Adjust the animation by selecting a preset or customizing your own parameters in the 'Settings' dropdown.
- Click 'Create Build Animation'
- To edit your animation, simply adjust the settings and click 'Update Build Animation'
- To start from scratch, click 'Start Over' (this will clear ALL animation data from objects affected by the 'Create Build Animation' button)
- Manage your own custom presets in the 'Preset Manager' dropdown menu.
Installation (credit: CG Cookie):
- You can download AssemblMe from your account dashboard on the Blender Market, assuming you’ve already purchased it.
- The easiest way to install AssemblMe is to do so directly from Blender. You can do this by going to File > User Preferences > Add-ons > Install from File. This will open a File Browser in Blender, allowing to you navigate to and select the .zip file you downloaded. Press Install from file.
- If your browser auto-extracted the downloaded .zip file then you will need to re-compress the AssemblMe folder before installing.
- Once installed, Blender should automatically filter the addons list to show only AssemblMe. You can then enable the add-on by clicking the checkbox on the upper right of the add-on panel.
Animation order is based on the location of the object origins. If you are getting unexpected results, you may need to set the object origins to 'Center of Mass' with 'Shift-Ctrl-Alt-C' before creating or updating your animation.
Before animating a LEGO model created with Bricker, you'll need to split the bricks into separate objects. You can do this by clicking 'Model Settings -> Split Model' in the Bricker tool panel before Brickifying the model.
Absolutely! This plugin is perfect for creating awesome Minecraft animations.
Purchase this item to leave a review!