ABKIT is a collection of 80+ high quality inserts with proper materials and their boolean objects to be used with the "KIT OPS FREE" and "KIT OPS PRO" addons. They can also be used manually by appending the objects from the blend files.
The first version of this pack contains 83 different inserts divided into categories, as follows:
- Buttons, keys and switches : 31 inserts
- Connectors: 20 inserts
- Fan and vent holes : 2 inserts
- Knobs and sliders : 5 inserts
- LED, LCD, Monitors and indicators : 10 inserts
- Misc : 6 inserts
- Screws, nuts and bolts : 9 inserts.
- Easy to use, simply unzip it and add it to KIT OPS FREE/PRO and you're ready to go!
- Correct scale for all the models that require it (especially the connectors).
- Realistic materials using the physically accurate Principled BSDF shader.
- All the materials needed for the inserts are included.
- The inserts reuse the same materials, your scene will not get polluted by hundreds of different materials.
- The material names have the prefix "ABKIT" to them for better accessibility.
- The models of each insert are named "Main" and "Bool", for more readability and organization when adding them to your
Why should you get it?
- It's a little investment that will save you a lot of time on your various projects and scenes!
- You will get future updates for Free! Even when the price eventually increases a little with major updates, you won't have to worry about it. The sooner you get it, the better!
- I built this with over time from my projects, it wasn't made in a rush just to make a product, but it's what I use and will use in my work a lot and quality comes first.
- I did not want to limit the artists vision by putting models that are hard to customize, I'm aiming to make something versatile and compatible with most of the artists' styles without imposing mine.
- You will be contributing to the Blender Development Fund, 10% of the revenue goes to help the development of your beloved software!
Don't hesitate to ask! I will do my best to respond to your inquiry quickly.
To use the kit, you need to do the following:
- you have properly installed KIT OPS PRO or KIT OPS FREE
- Extract the downloaded zip file to a folder of your choice
- Open the Blender User Preferences, go to Add-ons and search for "KIT OPS"
- Go to "File Paths" and click on the "+" button, click on the folder icon
- navigate to where you've previously extracted the downloaded zip file and confirm
- You should see something similar to this picture, with the path to the downloaded kit showing up correctly.
- Click on "Save User Settings" button and then restart Blender if necessary.
- You're ready to go!
Yes, where it makes sense. Almost all the models are to scale, except where it doesn't make a lot of sense or where it doesn't matter. For example the bolts are 12mm, but can be scaled to any size, same thing for the screws and similar models.
Make sure to disable "Auto scale" from KIT OPS settings if you're working with accurate scales
Absolutely! you will get all future updates of this pack for free.
As the number of bundles inserts grows, the price will be slightly raised with each major update for new customers only, which means the sooner you buy it the better.
Yes! these inserts are parts of what I'm using on my scenes and it's growing everyday as I work on more projects. I'm also open to suggestions and requests.
I will also fix any issues with the inserts, if any, as soon as I'm aware of them.
Not out of the box. However it is on my to-do list and I'll be working on it as soon as possible.
Yes, definitely. However the experience is really not as good as it is with the plug-in.
Each insert consists of a Blend file containing the main model (named "Main") and the appropriate boolean object (named "Bool"). There is a preview image with each blend file.
Purchase this item to leave a review!