VRToon Shader for Eevee is a Shader Node for Blender 2.82 or later.
This shader is capable to make Anime/Cartoon style looks with great flexibility.
Mathematically based on PBR shading info, this Shader works in any lighting environment.
Based on PBR Lightings of Eevee.
The Shader generates NPR results from PBR shading info.
Works with all light sources
Sun, point, etc, and HDRIs.
Highly flexible Toon settings.
Color, Strength, Sharpness, Shift.
Flexible Alpha transparencies.
Texture, Material, Glossy
Can use Sphere Maps.
Sphere Map is an additive mat cap, typically found on MMD models.
Configurable Glossy factors.
Sphere Map, PBR Specular, NPR Rim Light
Can twerk AO power by material basis.
Works on any color spaces.
Best fit for Linear color space but works great also on other color spaces.
All features are packed into only one node "VRToon".
Just put your textures into the node and you’ll get a decent result.
Comes with "VRToon Manager" add-on.
Batch parameter setting tool. You can tweak many materials at once.
- Fixed error where selecting object with material that has node group but the group is None.
- Fixed error where 'SetNodeParams' fails when VRToon node has name other than 'VRToon'.
Changed to check node group name inside of the node, instead of node name.
2020/08/09 v1.0.0 (Out of beta stage)
- Added "Glossy Alpha" feature to make glossy factor controllable independly from material alpha
- Ungrouped all node groups inside of VRToon node group
- Added 'Toggle Material to Apply' feature on VRToon Manager.
- Added 'View Material in the Shader Editor' feature on VRToon Manager.
- Minor changes on VRToon Manager UI.
2020/07/14 v0.9.0 (Beta release)
- Initial Release