UPDATE V1.1- Check bottom of description for update log
UPDATE V1.05- Check bottom of description for update log
Are you tired, of trying to make believable terrain environments?
Making a believable terrain takes hours of sculpting a base mesh, adding displacement maps, trying to keep the poly count low, using reference images to build a nice shader, finding some nice textures, trying to map those textures, controlling the reflective-ness and roughness of those textures, trying to add a top coat of dirt or dust or snow, creating some nice particle systems for trees or rocks... Who has the time?
I've done all that work for you, by creating this wonderful product!
True Terrain will automatically, and procedurally map whatever mesh you want; it'll calculate all the normals, the UVs, the object 'pontiness' and then map your shaders to this, realistically and immediately! No baking required.
Once you apply the True-Terrain material to your mesh, you will discover a world (pun intended) of possible terrain environments you can create.
True-Terrain automatically adds and generates everything you need to make any kind of terrain you want. All, you need to do, is simply plug in your own textures, and Voila! You've already got a beautiful terrain, within seconds, using a PBR workflow!
"Okay Rich, sounds good so far, but what else?"
I'm glad you've asked, kind person!
FREE UPDATES FOR LIFE!!
True Terrain V1.0 includes:
- Tree and Rock particle assets with custom shaders
- 3 terrain preset shaders and the default "Do it yourself" shader
- 2 Preset terrain meshes
- The option to choose a PBR workflow
- or use a custom built Toon workflow with a controllable outline generator which adds a stylised black outline to your mesh (much quicker and easier to use than 'Freestyle')
- Procedural Base-Shader map generation
- Procedural Dust layer generation
- Procedural Snow layer generation
- Procedural wet-map generation
- Procedural Roughness map generation
- Procedural Procedural Out-line Generation
- Procedural Displacement generation
- A custom water shader
- 10 image textures
- 1 custom world node with a 16k HDRi EXR/JPEG setup
- 40+ configurable options
- 1.20892582E64 THIS MANY POTENTIAL VARIATIONS!
- Super fast generation
- A Super easy-to-use shader setup!
- UPDATE: I have checked the newer builds of 2.8 and this setup works in EEVEE now!
You no longer need to spend hours of your time, or your hard earned cash; just so you can have a beautiful terrain!
Now has addon support:
- World Generator addon file
- Comes with it's own panel in the left hand toolshelf
- This allows for quick changes to the settings, and allows you to apply one of the 2 default materials without having to append them from the True-Terrain file
- includes commonly used settings for the dust, and base material
- Includes updated True-Water 2.0 shader
- Updated HDRI pack, now has 6k, 8k and 16k for anyone running into RAM issues
New Rock Pack and material included in this update:
- Fully procedural PBR Rock shader
- optimised for render speed
- 16 different options to fiddle with
- Full Control over Displacement with 3 options
- Rock Weathering!!!
- microscopic level of detail
- no need to UV unwrap!
- 9 different rock models included
- 3 small (low poly)
- 3 medium (low poly)
- 1 large (mid poly)
- 1 X-Large (mid Poly)
- 1 Arch (low-mid poly)
- Full Customisation
- Dust shader procedural Colour inputs (you can get rid of those heavy textures now for the dust shader, if you want...)
Things to come:
- More Tree models
- EVEN More Rock Models and Materials
- GRASS PARTICLES!!!
- True Addon support (custom UI and terrain mesh generator built in!)
- Texture seed randomization
- Auto-Weight paint implementation for procedural particle distribution
- Animated wetmaps
- Shader optimisations for SSS when 2.8's new SSS shader is implemented
- Procedural Rock, Ground, Grass, sand, dust and snow materials (currently texture based)
*decisions have been made. PRICES WILL NOT INCREASE WHEN NEW CONTENT IS ADDED
Updates to existing buyers will be FREE! And prices will never increase
Rock pack (sandstone)
This product has been checked for EEVVEE compatibility; It works, however it is NOT optimised for use in this yet! Please do not use this version for use in any Final works you are doing. Please also be aware that EEVEE is currently only in Alpha Stage, and any changes in that engine, may affect changes with this product for use in EEVEE.
Blender 2.8 Cycles will also add a "Displacement node" between the displacement input of the OUT node, and the noodle from the Displacement group. This is normal! DO NOT REMOVE THIS if you are using a 2.8 version of Blender.
The "how-to" guide is packaged in True Terrain shader file. There is also a how to use the shader text saved in the shader nodes.
"Contains textures from Poliigon.com - Textures may not be redistributed"
This is Usually because you have scaled a mesh and not applied the scale.
Apply the scale to the object, and this should rectify the problem. If it hasn't; then please go into the node editor, and in the displacement node, lower the amount.
I am more than happy to reply to any, and all messages.
Please do not hesitate to send me a message here, and I will reply to you as soon as possible. Please send any screenshots of the issue you are having, and I will try my best to rectify the issue for you
I have tested this product in EEVEE's latest build (6th of November) and it worked as it should.
That being said, I cannot pass comment on A) the look of the renders compared to Cycles or B) The level of "realtime" rendering your machine can handle
As I understand, you may use any image you render, as part of your logo or brand. I personally do not mind what you use this product for, provided you do not violate Blender Markets terms or the terms regarding the image textures and HDRi file.
I designed this shader, using the Filmic colour management system. This shouldn't have any drastic changes on how the overall product looks, but everything has been set up, using that colour format. This may mean that your renders may have 'blow-out' (over exposed areas) or be a little de-saturated.
Firstly, please check the version of Blender you are using. This product was built using 2.79x variants and tested in the latest experimental builds of 2.8 only.
If you are on these versions, then you will need to enable the "experimental" option in the render tab (where you select CPU or GPU in the properties menu).
Once you have done this, the displacement will activate. The modifiers should automatically switch to 'adaptive'
You will need to increase the number of pixel dicing either on the modifier tab of the object(s), or; change the pixel dicing number in the 'Geometry' panel under the properties. You may also need to lower the amount of subdivisions in here too, to a more reasonable number.
This is not a shader/product defect, this is a hardware limitation of your machine.
You can use this for whatever you please; Commercial, Educational, or personal use.
The only limitations you have are:
- Do not make any amendments to the core files, rebrand, and/or sell as your own product/work
- Do not Redistribute or sell the Textures (including HDRi)
- Do not redistribute/sell or give away in any format (websites, file sharing platforms, hard copies etc)
Purchase this item to leave a review!