- Index : Current index to output.
- Start Delay : Delay playback / freeze playback until this frame is reached.
- Index Offset : Offset the current index.
- X Cells : Total number of horizontal cells.
- Y Cells : Total number of vertical cells.
- Adjust Total : Adjust total cell count for uneven cell sheets.
- Loop Count : Playback limits.
Tutorial: Sprite Planes
- Add Menu (SHIFT+ A) > Mesh > Create New Sprite Plane
- Select Spritesheet file and choose a host type/Preset:
- Animated : Index driven by current frame
- Static : Index driven by random number
- Particle Animated : Index driven by particle age
- Particle Static : Index driven by particle index
- Setup sheet by either:
- Running operator: Object > Setup Spritesheet
- Manually set the group node parameters and run operator: Object > Scale From Sprite Node
Tutorial: Sprite Packing
Sprite packing is performed through the Spritesheet Generator Toolshelf in the UV/Image Editor
- Generate Spritesheet prompts to user to select sprites for packing and then generates an new sheet from them based on the 'X Cell Count'
- Regenerate Spritesheet last images used in Generate Spritesheet and repacks based on the 'X Cell Count'
- Enabling Sheet from Render will generate a spritesheet from animation renders. These sheets can also be used with Regenerate Spritesheet
Tutorial: Atlas to Mesh
- Add Menu (SHIFT+ A) > Particle Atlas to Mesh Group
- Set creation parameters using the operator properties(Bottom left corner of 3d view)
- Sheet Path : Atlas for conversion
- Cells : Set atlas cell values
- Subdivision : Controls the accuracy of the conversion
- Dilate Alpha : Grows the alpha of each cell
- Un-Subdivide : Enable/Disable mesh optimization
- Decimate Factor : Number of optimization steps
- Triangulate : Triangulate final meshes
- Group : Create a new group and add mesh to it
- Individual Group : Create, and apply, a unique group for each mesh
- Island Clean : Remove small mesh islands based on their area.
- Surface Type : Shader type to use for the new objects' material
- Experiment with subdivision and alpha dilate values to get a feel for how they affect the mesh generation. Higher subdivision values are very computationally expensive and you should focus on alpha dilation to recover clipped details. Disable Un-Subdivide to better see generation process. Alpha dilation is likely to generate small floating islands that can be cleaned with the Island Clean parameter set to a low value.
Advanced Use / Materials / Manual Setup
The spritehandler node group functions by scaling UV coordinates into ranges appropriate for stepping over grid packed spritesheets/material atlases. Refer to demo files and observe how the handler nodes are being driven by their own sets of uv coordinates and masked where necessary.