Onion skinning is a technique used by animators to see multiple frames at once. By using this technique, artists can easily see how to alter or adjust an image based on the previous image in the sequence. This technique is very useful for 3d animators to see previous animation frames or the later frames at once as well.
Slash is an add-on which aims to make using onion skinning technique easier for Blender users. It provides a clean and easy-to-use user interface and will make your animation skill to next level.
You can download the sample blend file in the video here:
- Let you see earlier frames, later frames at the same time
- Onion skinning for all frames
- Onion skinning for a range of frames
- Onion skinning on some specific frames which you add
- Onion skinning on multiple meshes at the same time
- Intuitive user interfaces, you don't even learn to use this add-on, it tells what you can do with it.
You may encounter bugs while using Slash on Blender 2.80 beta, because the 2.80 APIs are not stable yet, please report bugs in this thread, and I will fix them soon.
Report bugs or submit suggestions in this thread.
Please check the Documentation tab in this page for usage details.
- Move Slash settings into
Slashcategory instead of
- Fix addon not work for the latest Blender 2.8 build due to the dependency graph API changes.
- Add a checkbox option to move onion objects behind current object or not, see Documentation for more explaination.
- Initial release