Shot Manager is designed to speed up render management and shot design by saving frame ranges, render cameras, view layers and output paths. Also perfect for splitting up a single timeline animation for game animation and multi-cam rendering setups.
Originally developed for a specific project and has been further developed to cover a range of render tasks for ease of mind and improve render management on complex projects. It makes it easier to organise shots without needing to save out separate .blend files. Great for both mid to large sized productions. Create shots and keep all the cameras, and assets in one file or use 'shots' to separate complex render set-ups and automate render paths. Configurations are saved into you Blender file.
- The add-on lets you create 'shots' each with its own frame range, view layer toggles, render camera and output path.
- Support mixed render engine setups, split you project into Cycles, Eevee or Workbench segments by simply assigning a render engine to your shot.
- Either set frame ranges manually or link start/end points to markers.
- Batch output of shots as formats including fbx, obj, abc, dae, blend as well as .bat(-Windows) files for cmd line rendering, either as separate files or single batch file.
- Pandora integration for distributed rendering (-Windows)
- 4 new compositor nodes, Shotlist (for oversight of shots), Path Constructor (create your own node based file-path) and Collections Inspector (an alternative interface for collections making it easier to keep track of holdout, indirect and render states), Output Viewer(displays output files and provides the option to reveal output paths in your explorer or view in the image editor.
- Shot list node includes; auto-generation of outputs for view layers and/or individual passes (you can filter by name) or an option to alternatively have it update paths in your own non-generated outputs.
- 'Multi Switch' node group, re-directs the compositor node-flow depending on the active shot.
- Import and exports shot data to Json
- UI designed specifically for ease of mind when setting up renders