Rizomuv Bridge - Blender 2.8+ (Windows)
Open up Blender and go to Edit > Preferences > Add-ons, click on install then browse to rizomuv_bridge_XXXX.zip and click on Install Add-on from File….
Make sure RizomUV Bridge is enabled in the Add-ons panel.
When updating it is best to completely remove the old version before installing the new version.
- If you are using the old 2019 build of Rizom you should use the rizomuv_bridge_2019.zip file.
- Addons should not be installed inside the Blender installation directory itself. The addon needs to be installed in a directory with write permissions, the default path should be %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\[Blender Version Number]\scripts\addons
The addon UI can be found on the sidebar of the 3D Viewport under a tab called RizomUV, the default hotkey to show the sidebar is N. Please note that the RizomUV tab will only appear when you are in object mode.
Using the addon is very simple. Enter object mode and select the objects you wish to export to Rizom then click the Export button, Rizom will open with your objects already loaded. If you selected an autoseams script it will be applied to the active UV map. The Rizom settings will also be changed to match how you set them in the bridge UI.
Once you are done creating your UV maps save your file with CTRL+S, then return to Blender. Click the Import button and your UV maps will be transferred to your objects. The bridge uses the names of the objects and UV maps to determine where to transfer the UVs so it is important that you do not rename them before importing.
Every element of the addon UI has a tooltip so if you don’t know what something does just hover your mouse cursor over it.
6th February 2020 (1.0):
- First full release.
6th March 2020 (1.1):
- MacOS fixes.
- Tooltip edit.
- psutil Python library dependency removed.
8th April 2020 (1.1.1):
- Fixed typo that could cause an error when launching rizom.
19th April 2020 (1.1.2):
- Added "Use UV Set Names" to the list of preferences to be overwritten, ensures UVs are transferred by name rather than order if multiple UV sets present.
17th May 2020 (1.2.0):
Info: Since Rizom 2020.0.89 is now the production build of RizomUV, the 2019 bridge will no longer be actively updated with the exception of any major bug fixes. The following changes are not included in the old 2019 version.
- UI change, the three UI sections now each have their own tab which can be switched between with the buttons at the top of the UI.
- New option to choose the active UV map, this sets the active UV map in Rizom rather than defaulting to the first UV map. This also means the Automatic UVs operator can be used on any assigned UV map, not just the first one.
- Texture images selected in the RizomUV Settings tab will now be automatically displayed in the viewport when Rizom loads.
- Removed the redundant Rizom path field from the addons menu, the Rizom path should be set from the preferences tab in the main UI.
- When the Rizom Path setting is changed it will automatically force Blender to save the preferences file. This is to fix a problem someone reported with the path sometimes not saving.
- Autoseams scripts all updated to work properly with 2020 Rizom API changes.
21st May 2020 (1.2.1):
- RizomUV Settings now applied across all UV maps in Rizom if multiple UV sets are present.
30th May 2020 (1.2.2):
- Fixed problem which caused performance drops with high poly objects.
- Objects no longer export with the _rizom suffix, they will keep their original names from blender when loaded in RizomUV.
- Added new "Fix UVSets" button. This makes sure all selected objects have the same UV maps as the active object, if no UV maps exist they will be created and any invalid names will be automatically fixed.
28th June 2020 (1.2.3):
- Fixed sharp edges from UV islands not working for Blender 2.9
- Fixed problem with Fix UVSets button where if the active object had no UV maps the operation would need to be run twice.
- Added the ability to set the RizomUV texel density in the settings.
1st July 2020 (1.2.4):
- Fixed an error with the Fix UVSets operation.
- Fixed import button being disabled with no objects selected. (checks for scene objects now, not selected)
- A possible fix for the false positive “UV map could not be found” import error.
29th July 2020 (1.3):
- Close Rizom import option doesn’t throw an error if Rizom is not open.
- Added Rizom version selection in addon settings panel so I can make addon compatible with Rizom API changes.
- Updated texel density settings for Rizom 2020.0.128 API changes (Make sure to select the correct Rizom version from the new dropdown).
- Fixed problem where objects would pass verification tests with invalid UV maps under certain circumstances.
- Slightly increased the size of the UI panel switch buttons to better match the rest of the UI.
- Made the close Rizom import option a little more stable, still not happy with it, needs more work.
24th September 2020 (1.3.1):
- Fixed problem where preset sharp edges would be erased even with the "Mark Sharp" option disabled.
6th October 2020 (1.3.2):
- Added warning if an object's name is too long (59 characters). This limit exists to ensure there is room for the 4 character suffix tag to identify the exported objects.
- Added warning if an object name uses the suffix "_ruv". This suffix is used by the script to identify objects.
1st December 2020 (1.3.3):
- Added check and cleanup for bad tags in the scene that could cause import failure.
10th December 2020 (1.3.4):
- Updated the mark sharp/seams options for compatibility with Blender 2.9.
28th December 2020 (1.3.5):
- Fixed problems caused by UV map names using non-Latin characters.
1st June 2021 (1.3.6):
- Updated default Rizom path.
- Separated the padding setting into margin and spacing.
21st July 2021 (1.4):
- Cleans up duplicate materials left over by the FBX importer, this also allows Blender to automatically clean up the orphaned mesh data blocks like it is supposed to.
- Exporting with a Rizom instance already open from the Bridge will now update the Rizom scene rather than opening a new Rizom instance.
- Updated LUA scripts to support the upcoming Rizom update.
10th October 2021 (1.4.1):
- Redone reset script, now loads meshes in Rizom and recreates the UV maps instead of selected and welding all edges, this is much faster for heavy meshes.
- Option to disable settings saving, this makes the Rizom scene load a little faster.
- Added the option to replace meshes upon import rather than just transferring UVs to the original meshes. This was requested as the use of certain automatic tools was producing meshes that could become unrecognizable upon export out of Blender causing the join_uv operator to fail when attempting to transfer the UVs. (If this option is used, modifiers on the objects will be destroyed)
19th November 2021 (1.4.2):
- Removed the automatic close Rizom checkbox . It had some problems that I'm not able to fix without rewriting the way the entire addon works, the option was also fairly redundant anyway.
- Updated and optimised a lot of the code. This improves the speed of import/export operations slightly and makes future updates easier.
16th December 2021 (1.4.3):
- Fixed a bug where objects inside a hidden nested collection could break the import operation. Should now work correctly, no matter how deeply nested the objects are.
- Added a check to make sure the Blender FBX official add-on is enabled, if it is not then the the user is prompted to enable it.
- Updated default path preferences to match the latest version of Rizom.
- More small optimisations.
24th March 2022 (1.4.4):
- Fixed problem with seams and sharp edges sometimes not being marked upon import.
2nd April 2022 (1.4.5):
- Previous version contained unintentional changes I was testing. Changes removed.
18th May 2022 (1.5):
- Added "Exclude Clones" export option to automatically deselect all but one of each object with shared mesh data before exporting.
- Added the option to change the tab where the UI panel lives, useful if you want to reduce your toolbar clutter.
|Published||about 3 years ago|
|Blender Version||2.8, 2.81, 2.82, 2.83, 2.9, 2.91, 2.92, 2.93, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4|
Have questions before purchasing?
Contact the Creator with your questions right now.Login to Message