QuickField manual v1.2
Blender Add-on by QuickSand3D www.quicksand3d.com
With the help of Quick Field add-on, you can quickly create soil surfaces for 3D printed miniature scenery.
Demo video: https://vimeo.com/752153731
It can save you time by procedurally generating:
- Hills for miniatures
- Gardens for plants
- Mounds to support trees, beams, gallows, fences, signposts etc.
- Dirt around ruins and walls
Create the perfect surface by tweaking these parameters:
- Ground Details / Muddiness / Gravel
- Piles Height / Size
- Pebbles, Stones and Rocks Density / Distance / Scale / Deviation
You can convert the surface to an optimized mesh by remeshing and decimation with just one click.
- In Blender go to menu Edit->Preferences then select Add-ons.
- Click the Install button at the top of the preferences window and navigate to the place where you downloaded the zip file, select the file and click Install Add-on.
- Activate the add-on by ticking the checkbox next to it.
- The Add-ons functionality is available through the Fields Tab in the Tool menu to the right of the main viewport. Press N to show the tools if they are hidden.
- In the menu, goto Edit->Preferences then select Add-ons
- In the search box, search All add-ons for "field"
- Deactivate the Add-on by unticking the checkbox next to it.
- Then click the Remove button.
Make sure to uninstall the current add-on version and restart blender before installing the new one.
- It is not possible to generate a second field before you apply or delete the first one.
Locate the QuickField tool at the right side of the screen. Press “N” if you don’t see the tools.
Create a control mesh, roughly designing a low poly shape.
Hit the Generate QuickField button.
Tweaking the parameters
You can choose presets from the drop-down list.
You can create a new preset by duplicating the currently selected one.
Overwrites the currently selected preset.
Deletes the currently selected preset.
You can quickly turn on and off the details of the ground. Turn it off if working with big surfaces.
Higher number means higher resolution. Choose the optimal number for your project.
Adjust the ratio of mud and gravel.
Adjust the strength of the gravel texture.
Adjust the level of optimization. Turn it on and choose a number where you don’t lose important details. This is the slowest calculation, so turn it off when adjusting the parameters.
Generate new random placement of the pebbles, stones, rocks.
Adjust the amplitude of the piles.
Adjust the size of the piles.
Pebbles / Stones / Rocks
Adjust the density of the Pebbles / Stones / Rocks
Adjust the minimal distance between the Pebbles / Stones / Rocks
Adjust the overall size of the Pebbles / Stones / Rocks
Adjust the scale variations of the Pebbles / Stones / Rocks
You can delete the surface and the control mesh without applying them.
Once you finished tweaking the parameters, hit the Apply button. It turns on the ground details and the decimation, then generates the optimized mesh.
Transform the details in edit mode, or separate them.
Exporting and Scaling
With standard Blender units, the best way to work on 3D printable objects is to use blender unit of 1 cm. Just turn off the units inside Blender.
When exporting for 3D printing use scaling 10!
Importing and Scaling
If you import back your objects to Blender, use scaling 0.1!
The applied mesh contains separate material groups for earth, rocks, pebbles, stones, so you can adjust the materials of all the stones together, separate from the other material groups.
Choose a product version:
|Dev Fund Contributor|
|Published||about 1 year ago|
|Blender Version||3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5|
Have questions before purchasing?
Contact the Creator with your questions right now.Login to Message