Blender Addon by QuickSand3D www.quicksand3d.com
With the Quick Field addon, you can quickly create soil surfaces for 3D printed miniature scenery.
Demo video: https://youtu.be/_IcPUv11M7s
It can save you time by procedurally generating:
- Hills for miniatures
- Gardens for plants
- Mounds for supporting trees, beams, gallows, fences, signposts etc.
- Dirt around ruins and walls
Create the perfect surface by tweaking these parameters:
- Ground Details / Muddyness / Gravels
- Pits Depth / Level / Scale
- Pebbles, Stones and Rocks Density / Distance / Scale
You can convert the surface to a mesh with remeshing and decimation with one click.
- In Blender go to menu Edit->Preferences then select Add-ons.
- Click the Install button at the top of the preferences window and navigate to where you downloaded the zip file, select the file and click Install Add-on.
- Activate the add-on by ticking the checkbox next to it.
- The add-ons functionality is available through the Fields Tab in the tool menu to the right of the main viewport. Press N to show the tools if they are hidden.
- From the menu: Edit->Preferences then select Add-ons
- In the search box search All add-ons for "field"
- Deactivate the add-on by unticking the checkbox next to it.
- Then click the Remove button.
Make sure to uninstall the current addon version and restart blender before installing the new one.
- Undo after generate field crashes blender
- Undo after apply not working properly
- Generating second field before applying or deleting the first not implemented yet
Locate the QuickField tool at the right side of the screen. Press “n” if you don’t see the tools.
Create a control mesh, roughly designing a low poly shape.
Hit the Generate QuickField button.
Tweaking the parameters
You can quickly turn on and off the details of the ground. Turn it off if working with big surfaces.
Smaller number means higher resolution. Choose the optimal number for your project.
Adjust the ratio of mud and gravel.
Adjust the strength of the gravel texture.
Adjust the level of optimization. Turn it on and choose a number where you don’t lose important details. This is the slowest calculation, so turn it off when adjusting the parameters.
Generate new random placement of the pebbles, stones, rocks.
Adjust the amplitude of the pits.
Adjust the overall level of the ground. Lower number means higher ground.
Adjust the size of the pits.
Pebbles / Stones / Rocks
Adjust the density of the Pebbles / Stones / Rocks
Adjust the minimal distance between Pebbles / Stones / Rocks
Adjust the overall scale of the Pebbles / Stones / Rocks
Adjust the scale variations of the Pebbles / Stones / Rocks
You can save your settings and reload them when needed.
You can delete the surface and the control mesh without applying here.
If you finished tweaking the parameters, hit the Apply button. It turns on the ground details and the decimation, then generates the optimized mesh.
Exporting and Scaling
With standard Blender units the best way to work on 3D printable objects is with the scaling one blender unit is one cm. Just turn off the units inside Blender.
When exporting for 3D print use scaling 10!
Importing and Scaling
If you import back your objects to Blender, then use scaling 0.1!
Choose a product version:
|Dev Fund Contributor|
|Published||about 2 months ago|
|Software Version||3.0, 3.1, 3.2|
Have questions before purchasing?
Contact the Creator with your questions right now.Login to Message