How to install the plugs
- Unzip the zip-file. It contains a folder NMSplugs.
- For Windows: place the folder NMSplugs in: C:\Users\-YourWindowsUserAccount-\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\MESHmachine\assets\Plugs\ or where your MESHmachine's addon is installed. (Appdata is a hidden folder. To make it visible in the file-explorer, see: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files )
For Other OS: place the folder NMSplugs where MESHmachine is installed under assets\plugs\
- So in MESHmachine\assets\plugs, you should see now:
- And in the NMSplugs folder you will see the folders "blends" and "icons".
- Restart Blender.
- In Blender press Y to open the menu for MESHmachine. Then press P to open the Plug-libraries and there you see most likely now 3 libraries. The latest one is NMSplugs. (NMS stands for New Media Supply).
Tips on how to solve common problems.
When you see tear, rip, jag, gape right outside the plug after plugging:
- Use denser base-mesh (subdivide).
- In Edit-mode, use the knife (K) to add extra edges where strange shapes of quads appear. If need, select then faces around that area and transfer normals with MESHmachine
- In Edit-mode use shift-V, for the same reason. If need select faces around that area and transer normals.
- Right after plugging, see under integration (in the Toolshelf) if "Contain" works better.
- Higher precision (under integration in the Toolshelf right after plugging).
When you see smootshading artifacts in the plug after plugging:
- Select the faces in Edit-mode and press Y to open MESHmachine's menu. And press normals > transfer (for bottoms) or Normals > Flatten (for sides).
|Published||about 3 years ago|
|Software Version||2.79, 2.8|
Have questions before purchasing?
Contact the Creator with your questions right now.Login to Message