Now with 2D and 3D versions!
New! 3D Version
An experimental 3D version of the Nebula Generator for Blender's EEVEE rendering engine is now downloadable.
This uses Blender 2.8's new real time rendering capability. It will remain experimental for the moment as there are some strobbing artefacts whilst rendering animations in EEVEE, which although can be countered by high Sample values, does impact performance.
The file is documented with a set of how-to instructions and is free to existing users.
Hope you enjoy and do contact me via Blender Market for feedback as I continue to develop it.
The 2D version is still available!
2D Nebula Generator
Updated for Blender 2.8! A ready made set up so that you can quickly configure a wide range of panoramic background space nebula effects in cycles.
Features of the 2D version:
- Fast render times even at high resolutions.
- A range of configuration options allow you to change the colour and shape of the nebula.
- Optional star effects that can be swapped out for your own.
- By animating the parameters, the clouds can be made to appear as if they are moving.
- Great for game backgrounds, animations, or concept art backdrops.
- By default the effect is projected onto the background of the blender scene but can also be used as a texture on other objects.
Earlier versions of the 2D node setup used here (version 1.2.0) will remain free on my website, however by purchasing this version here you will:
- Have a priority on new feature requests.
- Be able to take advantage of new updates.
- Allow me to invest the time in developing the effects further.
Once purchased, you will have ongoing access to a set of .blend files with different setups so that you can start customising and making your own quickly.