WHAT'S KOMIKAZE ?
Komikaze is a collection of Shaders/ Materials, Effects, Demos and general assets for all Comic and Toon needs. Made specially for Non Photo-Realistic (NPR) renders.
Works flawlessly with Blender 2.8 EEVEE, optimized for real-time rendering.
Each material comes with its own unique node group, enough to easily control colors, textures and mappings, allowing fast and flexible workflow.
There are 8 shaders in the pack. I will keep on adding more, as free updates of course.
Here are some tests done on different kinds of models, using Komikaze Shaders.
They react to light, cast and receive shadows and support multiple light sources.
'Into The Spider-Verse' was amazing, and has been a major influence and inspiration behind these shaders.
3 simulations for Smoke, Fire and Water, each with their own shader.
Many types of text boxes, speech/ thought bubbles and action/ sound images.
Please check their 'Shape Keys' section for more easy-to-use controls.
I quickly made some examples from the text boxes:
The typefaces shown are free to use for commercial purposes and are included in the pack, with all the text boxes and examples.
A scene that demonstrates true power of the Komikaze assets.
(Please note that the 'Santa' and 'Fireplace' models are from League of Legends, property of Riot Games. I have included them for testing, but please don't use them for commercial purposes.)
Just added another scene to the pack for test purposes. I call the artwork 'Cucco Commotion'.
Note that the models are from 'Legend of Zelda : Wind Waker' and 'Hyrule Warriors', property of Nintendo. Brick texture by Justin Messner. Please do not use them for commercial purposes.
WHAT'S INSIDE ?
- 8 TOON/ COMIC SHADERS
- 3 EFFECT SIMULATIONS + SHADERS
- 2D SHADERS FOR TEXT
- 20 TEXT BOXES
- EXTRA EXAMPLES
- DEMO FILES
WHY BUY KOMIKAZE ?
- ALL TOON SHADERS REACT TO LIGHT
- THEY CAST AND RECEIVE SHADOWS
- EASY CUSTOMIZATION
- NO UV UNWRAPPING NEEDED
- ROYALTY FREE
- REAL-TIME RENDERING
- FREE UPDATES FOR LIFE!
BEFORE YOU BUY :
- 3D Shaders only run in Eevee (Blender 2.8) for now
- Make sure you are using 'VSM' under 'Shadows > Method'
- Outlines are made with the 'Solidify > Flip Normals' method (See F.A.Q.)
- Please see the 'Video Demo' on top of this page to know more
With your help and feedback, I will keep adding on and improving this pack :) You can check out more of my products HERE
Please switch to 'VSM' under 'Shadows > Method' in Blender 2.8 Eevee.
The shaders will react to light sources, their intensity, radius, softness etc.
Most of the tests I did were using default Sun and Point lamps with Energy = 10, and Softness = 0, that way they give you hard cel shaded edges.
It is quite simple, you need to 'Append' them.
Here is how :
1. File > Append
2. Locate and double click on the file you want to import things from, for example, "Komikaze 3D Shaders.blend".
3. Go into the folder named "Material", press A to select all the shaders
4. Press Enter or hit the "Append from Library button".
Now the shaders are in your scene. You can select them from the drop-down menu in the Materials tab.
Please note that they will get deleted if they don't have a user, when you exit Blender. A "fake user" can be assigned to any material by pressing the 'F' button under the "Materials" tab, it will prevent that material from getting deleted, when you save and quit.
It is very simple.
1. Give your model 2 materials, first any Komikaze material, and second a 'Outline' shader (included in the pack)
2. Give your model a Solidify modifier, and in the modifier settings, check 'Flip Normals', and set both the fields in 'Material Index Offset' to 1.
3. Change the solidify 'Thickness' to scale the outlines up or down.
No, the shaders use 'object' or 'camera' texture coordinates, thus, you need not worry about UVs at all.
Make sure you are using 'VSM' under 'Shadows > Method'.
You might need to apply scale to your model.
Select model. Hit 'Ctrl+A'. Select 'Scale'.
Almost everything is done procedurally except a few bits here and there.
So yes, these are very much procedural shaders. :)
2D Shaders are supported in Cycles but the 3D Shaders will only run in Eevee.
Download Blender 2.8 from https://www.blender.org/2-8/
Purchase this item to leave a review!