WHAT IS KOMIKAZE ?
A collection of Shaders/ Materials, Effects, Demos and general assets for all Comic and Toon needs. Made especially for Non Photo-Realistic (NPR) renders.
Works flawlessly with Blender 2.8 EEVEE, optimized for real-time rendering.
Each material comes with its own unique node, enough to easily control colors, textures and mappings, allowing fast and flexible workflow.
Update 1.1 :
Komikaze originally came with 8 shaders. The next 8 are part of its first free update.
I will keep on adding more, as free updates of course.
Here are some tests done on different kinds of models, using Komikaze Shaders.They react to light, cast and receive shadows and support multiple light sources.
'Into The Spider-Verse' was amazing, and has been a major influence and inspiration behind these shaders.
3 simulations for Smoke, Fire and Water, each with their own shader.
Many types of text boxes, speech/ thought bubbles, and action/ sound images.
Please check their 'Shape Keys' section for more easy-to-use controls.
Some quick examples created from the text boxes :
The typefaces shown are free to use for commercial purposes and are included in the pack, with all the text boxes and examples.
A scene that demonstrates the true power of the Komikaze assets.
(Please note that the 'Santa' and 'Fireplace' models are from League of Legends, property of Riot Games. I have included them for testing, but please don't use them for commercial purposes.)
Just added another scene to the pack for test purposes. I call the artwork 'Cucco Commotion'.
Note that the models are from 'Legend of Zelda : Wind Waker' and 'Hyrule Warriors', property of Nintendo. Brick texture by Justin Messner. Please do not use them for commercial purposes.
WHAT'S INSIDE ?
- 8 TOON/ COMIC SHADERS
- 3 EFFECT SIMULATIONS + SHADERS
- 2D SHADERS FOR TEXT
- 20 TEXT BOXES
- EXTRA EXAMPLES
- DEMO FILES
WHY BUY KOMIKAZE ?
- ALL TOON SHADERS REACT TO LIGHT
- THEY CAST AND RECEIVE SHADOWS
- EASY CUSTOMIZATION
- NO UV UNWRAPPING NEEDED
- ROYALTY FREE
- REAL-TIME RENDERING
- FREE UPDATES FOR LIFE!
UPDATE 1.1 (3rd May 2019)
1. Molly : Trying to create a psychedelic visual with the geometry.
Edge Split > Subdivision modifier will do half the trick (see bottom right corner :)
2. Dither : A classic pixel dither technique, homage to the 8-bit era.
3. Hologram : First *moving* shader I have ever worked on, all procedural :')
4. Alpha : a go-to toon shader for see-through materials like glass or smoke.
5. Aqua : Water shader with waves and moving ripples. (FREE DOWNLOAD)
6. Blueprint :
7. Chroma : an experiment with RGB split gone right :)
8. Kismet : (FREE DOWNLOAD) A wireframe shader with more depth and control.
The stars are dupli-verted, everything else is shaders. :)
*8 new shaders are being added to the pack!
I will release them as they get done, over the course of a week or two*
Please feel free to suggest an idea for a NPR shader, I would love to make it for you! ^_^
I also managed to update some of the original shaders :
1. Notepad+ : improved with better controls, margin added
2. Heavy Metal : improved controls, fixed reflections, satanic suzanne
READ ME :
- 3D Shaders only run in Eevee (Blender 2.8) for now
- Make sure you are using 'VSM' under 'Shadows > Method'
- Outlines are made with the 'Solidify > Flip Normals' method (See F.A.Q.)
- Please see the 'Video Demo' on top of this page to know more
With your help and support, I hope to keep on improving the Komikaze pack.
Follow my Instagram to see more of my work =)