Every Blender artist needs to master shaders and materials
After you’ve created your model and added lighting, the next step is to apply materials and create shaders.
Without these, your models will look...pretty washed out.
Knowing how to do materials and shaders well will improve every render you make -- whether you're going for a realistic or stylized look.
But creating believable materials is notoriously difficult...
- making shaders from scratch is time-consuming
- figuring out all the nodes is a headache
- how does it all work in Cycles and Eevee?
- who knows how to do the correct rendering settings?
There's a lot of guesswork that can go into the process - and a lot of wasted time.
Unless you learn how to do it the right way from the beginning.
Even if you've never made a shader before, you can become a master
We made this 40+ lesson course for shading- and material-beginners.
If you're just starting with shaders for the first time ever, you've come to the right place!
- over 3 hours of video, 1920 x 1080, mp4 format
- 6 chapters containing 40+ short lessons
- Software used: Blender 2.83
- Skill level: beginner to intermediate
- Bonus lesson: creating a material transformation effect
Learn everything you need to know about creating materials and shaders in Blender
Even if you've never created a single shader before.
Sure, this course is massive - but it's very easy to work through.
Each lesson is no more than 15 minutes (most are much shorter) so you can watch them without getting overwhelmed and take in the information, bit-by-bit.
To make it easier, the course is broken down into 6 key chapters and even with practice time, you can get through these in a long weekend.
What you'll take away is an ability to independently create shaders -- for a lifetime of projects.
What you'll learn
- all about the different shaders in Cycles and Eevee
- the basics of adding textures
- the principles of physically based rendering (which will make your materials more believable)
- how to avoid the most common shading pitfalls
- the right workflows for rendering different types of material effects
- create your own custom Blender shaders (that are super user friendly)
You'll create realistic Blender materials...
...and stylized ones!
Meet Your Instructor
Jonathan Lampel, CG Cookie
"Hey, guys! I'm an instructor at CG Cookie, the longest-running Blender training website. In my 5+ years of teaching Blender, I've created dozens of courses and taught thousands of new Blenderheads. Materials are my specialty. Together, we can do this!"
For a taste of how thorough and easy-to-follow this course is, here is the first lesson
All project files are included in this course packet
- all .blend files you need to follow along
- textures and materials for download
- video files for all lessons of the course
❤ And remember - by purchasing this course, you are supporting the Blender Foundation.
A portion of the proceeds goes directly into making Blender better.
Want more CG Cookie Courses?
If you get inspired and would like to become a CG Cookie member after purchasing this course, send a message to [email protected] and we will be happy to help you set up an annual membership while discounting the amount you paid for this course on Blender Market. A membership will give you access to our instructors, our community and 100+ CG Cookie Blender courses. Be sure to mention your Blender Market Order ID and we will take it from there.
|Dev Fund Contributor|
|Published||about 2 years ago|
|Blender Version||2.8, 2.83|
Have questions before purchasing?
Contact the Creator with your questions right now.Login to Message