Version 1.4 | Updated 2021-01-27
This version works from Blender 2.9 - For Cycles renderer only
This update was created to ensure the compatibility for new Blender versions. All known features from version 1.3 are working with Blender from version 2.9 now.
For Eevee tests please try the 2.0 alpha version, that is included in this package. The alpha is working up to Blender version 2.83. An update for current Blender versions is in planning.
Version 1.3 is still included in this package to support 2.83 LTS versions.
Version 2.0 alpha1 | Updated 2019-05-15
This version works up to Blender version 2.83
CW Eye v2 is in progress. For everyone who can't await the upcoming update, I've prepared a special alpha version.
All customers gets free lifetime updates for my materials. So if you already own my material, then just log into your Blendermarket account and download the new alpha version for testing.
What is new in v2 alpha 1 version?
- Completely Blender 2.8 compatible.
- Works in Eevee and Cycles renderer
- Completely rebuild for faster feedback
- New: Cat eyes
- New: Glass FX
.. more features are in progress, so stay tuned!
Version 1.3 | Updated 2018-05-23
This version works up to Blender version 2.83 - For Cycles renderer only
CW Eye is a real procedural material shader tree for Blender. Developed for the Cycles Renderer.
What means "real" procedural?
- No special eye mesh needed. Add a simple sphere (or whatever) and drag and drop the material. That's it!
- No UVs needed. CW Eye just works.
The most eye materials comes with individual mesh models and shape keys to simulate the eye anatomics. CW Eye goes a different way and does all this procedural.
Save a lot of time and create countless eye variations just by changing some values in the shader. Starting at "simple" human eyes you can create eyes for aliens, zombies or whatever you imagine.
This package already includes five cool eye presets I've prepared for you. Feel free to use them as a starting point for your own variations!
Your results can be baked optionally into textures by using Blenders internal bake system. If you are not familiar with Blenders texture baking system, visit my free tutorial link in the documentation tab.
Version 1.3 - released on 2018-04-10
- No UV information needed to create eyes
- Customise iris size, colors and two adjustable pattern styles
- Add an iris shadow and customise its position and smoothness
- Customise pupil size and color
- Customise sclera color and variation
- Customise veins color, influence and distribution
- Bumpmap support for veins and complete iris
- Addtional effects like iris splotches and iris border shadow
- Fresnel reflection effect and reflection intensity supported
- Output slots for baking Normalmaps (Tangent normalmap) and Bumpmaps (Greyscale image)
- .blend file ( Created in Blender version 2.79 )
- Five example presets. Included in the Blender scene.
- Example renderings of the eye preset.
By buying this product you support the Blender Foundation and me to create more cool stuff. :-)
Link to my official product website: http://www.christoph-werner.de/2018/03/23/cw_eye-procedural-eye-material-for-blender/