Baya is a Blender tool that generate Maya source file (.ma) inside Blender.
Note: Baya is compatible only with Blender 2.80+.
How is it useful
- Baya is a quick way to exchange data with other artists who might use Maya
- You can iterate quickly when you work with Maya oriented game engine exporters by quickly generating Maya source and exporting using Maya
How does it work
I plan to implement a number of features, some of them listed here:
- Linked collections support
- Full material export with textures and other things
- Maya to blender import (import Maya source file contents into Blender)
- Havok nodes
- Armature transfer