What is Quick Rig?
IMPORTANT: Quick Rig is an extension for the Auto-Rig Pro addon, it means Auto-Rig Pro must be purchased and installed first.
Don't waste your time re-rigging already rigged characters anymore!
Quick Rig turns rapidly any skeleton + mesh into a full Auto-Rig Pro armature with controllers ready for animation, including weights preservation, IK-FK generation, animation support.
Built to support the vast majority of character skeletons, even non-standard bones axes.
How it works:
See the video demo.
- Add limbs: select the first bone of a limb (e.g. the shoulder for the arm), then click the + button to add a limb
- Ensure the limbs settings are correct: blanks are filled with correct bones, and bones axes are properly set. These settings are automatically set when adding the limb, but depending on the skeleton complexity they may be incorrect sometimes.
- Choose Preserve or Convert mode. Preserve keeps the existing armature untouched while binding it to the rig controllers only, while Convert will generate a full Auto-Rig Pro armature compliant with all Auto-Rig Pro editing and exporting tools
- Click Quick Rig! to generate the final rig
- To try other settings, click Revert to go back to the base skeleton
- Preserve and Convert mode, to preserve the base skeleton as it is or convert it to a complete Auto-Rig Pro armature for more advanced editing tools.
- Constraints retargetting (some limitations apply)
- Shape keys drivers retargetting
- Auto-detection of the selected bone type for quick limb setup
- Animation support, the skeleton animation is baked to the control rig in option
- Import and export custom mapping preset files
- Built-in mapping presets: Realillusion Character Creator, DAZ, Human Generator, Mixamo, Unreal Mannequin, VRoid...
Supports the following limbs:
- Spine: from 2 to 6 spine bones
- Head: neck (optional), head bone. Up to 10 neck bones.
- Leg: thigh, calf, foot, toes bone. With optional twist bones and "3 bones leg" settings for extra thigh bones, for quadrupedal creatures
- Arm: shoulder (optional), arm, forearm, hand and finger bones (optional). With optional twist bones. 3 or 4 phalanges per finger (with or without metacarps).
- Orphan bones support: even bones that are not part of the standard limbs definition (facial bones, unusual twist and tweak bones, bones for clothes and props...) are inserted in the rig hierarchy automatically, to ensure *all* bones are included in the final rig properly.
- Custom shape drawing options for orphan bones.
- Automatic leg and arm angle correction if bones are perfectly straight, to avoid IK direction issues
- Neck with optional automatic twist rotation
- Weight Overrides: If the skeleton is special, use weight overrides to ensure to set correct skinning weight matches, by manually setting the correct bone weight for a given bone.
Although the tool is quite complete, some limitations apply that may be lifted in future versions:
- Multiple heads or multiple spines not yet supported
- Facial head bones not yet supported as Auto-Rig Pro facial bones, however they're supported as default controllers for now
- Added "Auto IK Roll" setting for arms and legs, disabled by default
- Each fingers phalange can now be manually set, useful in case phalanges are not direct child of each other
- Improved Arm and Fingers Up Axis autodetection by evaluating the axes in a virtual T-pose
- Added "Up Axis" setting for arm bones (was only for hand and fingers before)
- Improved the straight arms/legs correction (to comply with IK constraints), the angle is now evaluated in the bone's Z axis space instead of global space
- Check for update: Now shows a differential log, comparing the log of the new available version versus the current old version
- New UE5 preset
- Multiple animations baking support
- The c_root_master controller shape now tries to fit the global character scale better
- Changed the default presets path from C:/Quick Rig Presets/ to /Quick Rig Presets/ to be OS agnostic
- Added Global or Local space retargetting for orphan bones animated locations (was always Local before)
- Blender 4.0 support. Backward-compatible with older versions.
- Compatibility with Auto-Rig Pro 3.68.21+
- Compatibility with Auto-Rig Pro 3.68.67+ when remapping animation
- Error handling, warning message if twist bones inputs are missing
- Orphan bones not parented correctly when Manual Phalanges were enabled
- Compatibility with Blender 4.0 alpha
- Version checker updated, Auto-Rig Pro should be at least to 3.66.25 version to work properly with Quick Rig
- Check for update: missing functions
- Backward-compatibility issue related to meshes data when reverting rigs to skeleton
|Dev Fund Contributor|
|Published||about 3 years ago|
|Blender Version||2.9, 2.91, 2.92, 2.93, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 4.0|
Have questions before purchasing?
Contact the Creator with your questions right now.Login to Message