Awesome procedural material designed for Sci-Fi concepts. It works as a form of Greeble that works cool in far distances, but it can also work for paneling or background elements.
- For Blender 2.93 LTS. 3 Presets Included (Black / White / Silver).
- Includes 3 Different Textures in the form of 4K PNG Maps: Metallic / Roughness / Curvature / Diffuse / Normal / Height.
How does it work?
The logic for it is as follows:
- It has two principled shaders, the “bottom” one is the base material and the “top” one is the over paint or where the details would be.
- Between these two shaders, there’s a wear mask.
- The top material is the one that gets affected by the greeble options as well as the weariness options.
- The bottom one is just to have something realistic for the mask and mix.
- The greeble options are basically mixes between lots of types of pre-modified noise texture nodes. This shader is obviously a little resource intense.
Now let’s review the options on the shader to see how to use it.
First Set of Options is Greeble Properties
- Circular Grid Scale: Changes the size of the circular grid.
- Circular Grid Noise: Puts noise on the circular grid edges.
- Circular Grid Mask Scale: Masks where to put the circular grid.
- Circular Grid Mask Seed: Changes the seed for the grid mask noise texture node.
- Panel Size: This controls the size of the checkered texture used for the panels.
- Panel Indent Scale: This controls the size of the bars given by the wave texture node.
- Panel Indent Mask: Masks where to put the panels with the bars.
- Panel Indent Mask Seed: Changes the seed for the Musgrove noise texture node.
- Grid Scale: The shader has a grid built in that sits over the other layers.
- Displacement Scale: Basically how much you want to displace it.
Now we have the material options, which are basically the aesthetic options. As stated in the logic, we have two materials, the top and bottom one. They both work the same, but in the top one you can control the metallic factor. In case, you want a non-metallic paint or something like that.
- Metallic: Boolean value, 0 for no Metal, 1 for Metal.
- Color: The color you want on the top material.
- Roughness: The roughness for your top material.
So for the bottom one, we just have these options:
- Color: The color you want on the bottom material.
- Roughness: The roughness you want for your bottom material.
Now for the last part we have the Weariness, this controls the mask between the top and bottom material, as follows:
- Edge Seed: The seed for the noise applied on edges.
- Edge Noise Scale: The scale for the noise texture node applied to the edges.
- Overall Seed: The seed for the noise applied on the overall surface.
- Overall Noise Scale: The scale for the noise texture node applied to the overall surface.
Check out our social networks through @lobodeguerramx and @khroz don’t forget to tag us when you use it for something awesome, we’ll be anxiously waiting. Also, if you like this and want to support my work please check our Patreon we have awesome Tiers already set up with awesome benefits and goodies.
1) PLEASE DO NOT RESELL THIS MATERIAL
2) THESE ASSETS CAN BE USED FOR NON-COMMERCIAL AND COMMERCIAL PROJECTS