SINCE BLENDER 3.2 UDIM BAKING IS BUILD IN, SO YOU DON*T NEED THIS!!
What is this?
This is a very simple and straightforward script, that will bake to all UDIM tiles that have UV's on them with a single click. It bridges the gap there is between the newly added UDIM feature, and actually using it for baking high detail on to textures.
Why do I need it?
If you don't use this addon, you would have to bake each UDIM tile separately. One at a time while moving the UV's between each bake. This is troublesome for an iterative process, where you might want to go back and redo som sculpting, and re-bake. Also if you are creating procedural textures in blender and want to save them out on several UDIM tiles, it becomes a real pain without this addon.
So what is its features exactly?
- One button to bake all UDIM's that the current object has
- That's it!
How do I use it?
- Select Object
- go into edit mode and create desired amount of UDIM tiles
- once you made your tiles and filled them, go to "Image" in the UV editor
- click save
- exit edit mode in the 3D viewport
- go to the shader editor and create a image texture node
- Select UDIM data block
- make sure the texture node is selected
- Set Bake Parameters
- Click on "Bake to UDIM tiles"
- If this is unclear, watch the demo video
If you want to support blender, the market and me, it would be great if you would buy it here. Otherwise there's also a free option available on my gumroad: https://gumroad.com/asgerlanghoff