I released a free version of this product over 1 year ago. I had several people request an updated paid version. I'm now at a point where I'm confident in supporting this as a paid add-on.
I will continue to update the free version, but behind this new pro version.
SVG imports are marginally supported in Blender and it hasn't changed for a while.
What this add-on does better:
- Maintain the collection / layer hierarchy of the original file. Layers in SVG are often significant!
- Allow stacking the objects / layers to better work with them without being all smashed together
- Support for XML namespaces (causes some SVG imports to fail or partially work in standard import)
- Render "use" references in SVG files.
- Better reuse of materials generated
- Transparency in materials from SVG styles
- Selection tools specific to imported SVG workflows
- Easy placement of objects with orientation and scale on imported SVG elements !
Supported on Discord: https://discord.com/invite/TVg6gyzyGs