Smart Duplication provides enhanced versions of the built-in Duplicate and Delete operators, extended with context-aware capabilities to ease multi-object and modifier based workflows.
- The Smart Duplication operator (Ctrl+D by default) duplicates the selected objects and, optionally:
- Duplicates the modifiers that refer to them.
- Duplicates the objects referenced by their modifiers.
- Duplicates their children.
- Adds the new objects to the same collections as the originals.
- The Smart Delete operator (Ctrl+X by default) deletes selected objects, and, optionally:
- Deletes the modifiers that refer to them.
- Deletes the objects referenced by their modifiers.
- Deletes their children.
- Removes them from the collections they were part of.
- The Select References operator selects objects referenced in modifiers by the current selection or the ones referencing the current selection in their modifiers.
- Smart Duplication supports every modifier type that references other objects.
Data Transfer | UV Project | UV Warp | Vertex Weight Proximity | Array | Boolean | Mirror | Screw | Armature | Cast | Curve | Hook | Lattice | Mesh Deform | ShrinkWrap | Surface Deform | Warp
Check the MANUAL for complete info.
- Optionally replace the default duplicate, duplicate linked and delete operators with the ones provided by the addon.
- Optionally enable a pie menu with all smart duplication operators.
- Show the addon shortcuts inside the addon preferences.
- Make modifier duplication/delete optional.
- Allow duplication/delete of modifier dependencies.
- Allow better handling of object collection.
- Smaller improvements and fixes
- A detailed user manual is now online.