Achieve a realistic skin can be an hard challenge in Octane because there are a lot of nodes to connect to reproduce the same optical behavior of the various layers of the human tissue.
This skin shader was build to provide 3D artists with a flexible and easy to use tool, allowing them to quickly obtain realistic skins without going mad with complex nodal setup.
The best results are achieved using high quality and resolution textures but also with low quality textures, such as those provided with DAZ 3D models, you can get good results.
Now compatible with all Octane version and available also in Orbx format!
Octane Skin Shader 1.0.1 - Release date: 2019-08-26
* minor changes to "Dermis Transmission"
* Changed "Epidermis Scattering" and "Dermis Scattering" input types to directly set the color without the use of other nodes
* Added "Diffuse Color" and "Specular Color" inputs
* Removed "Diffuse Gamma" and "Specular Gamma"
* "Diffuse" input renamed in "Diffuse Map"
* "Specular" input renamed in "Specular Map"
* Removed "Blood" input now superseded by "Dermis Scattering" Color
Octane Skin Shader 1.0 - Release date: 2019-08-14
* first release