Sketch N' Cage is a Mesh Deform and Shape Animation tool, utilizing Blender's Grease Pencil. It works the same way as it's sister product Sketch N' Carve. It converts the user's sketch into a "Mesh Deform" object, and automatically creates Shape keys ready to be animated.
Sketch N' Cage works with all versions of Blender from 2.90 to the latest release.
Current Version: 1.0.3
- Draw any shape you like and have your drawing converted to Cage instantly.
- Freely use any of the Grease Pencil tools, from pen tool to geometric tools.
- Interactive. Edit your Cage shapes on the fly in their final form and real time.
- Mute button to allow you to go back to your sketch and make alterations at any stage.
- Simplify your shapes for a low density Cage mesh or keep the high resolution details.
- Join Strokes feature to create complex shapes with ease using multiple strokes.
- Extrude with subdivisions and Symetric Extrude for ease of use.
- Automatically created Shape Keys ready for animation.
- Spin tool for creating circular cage shapes.
- Mirror Tool to symetricly duplicate the cage shape along any axis.
- Subdivision Surfaces modifier for creating lattice like geometries.
- Scale, rotate and translate with precision for the best placement of the cage shape.