Note: New Version 2.0.1 updated to work with Blender 2.82, 2.83, 2.90, 2.91, 2.92, 2.93 and 3.0
Shift Render Slot is an addon that allows you to shift Render Slots at any time when rendering images.
Its purpose is to automatically shift the Render Slots when taking multiple shots, or when doing test renders and comparing the results.
Often you need new renders not to overwrite previous ones, or you just forget to shift the slots before rendering, resulting in the loss of the last rendered image. This addon makes it easier for your workflow since it will automatically take care of that step.
The Shift Render Slot UI in the UV/Image Editor context
- Enable / Disable the shifting behavior at any time while working in the UV/Image Editor. No need to enable/disable the addon in the User Preferences for every use.
- Select up to 4 type of render events to trigger the shift
- Before (Before the render job begins)
- After (After the render job ends)
- Complete (When the render is complete)
- Cancelled (When the render is cancelled)
Select among different render events to trigger the shift
- You can select between 2 different shifting behaviors
- Increase (Shift to next Render Slot)
- Decrease (Shift to previous Render Slot)
Select between an increasing or decreasing direction to shift
- Use shortcuts to easily shift the Render Slots in the UV/Image Editor
- Go to next slot: Alt + Up Arrow / Ctrl + Wheel Up
- Go to the previous slot: Alt + Down Arrow / Ctrl + Wheel Down
Use of shortcuts in Blender 2.79
Use of shortcuts in Blender 2.8x
- The addon state gets linked to the scene and is saved with the .blend file. This allows you to open your project in the future and still have the same behavior you used last time.
- In Blender 2.79 there are 8 built-in slots available by default. In Blender 2.8x you can add more slots, and therefore have an unlimited amount of them. When you reach the last slot, it will automatically jump to the first one.
v1.1.0 (Blender 2.81) - Update for Blender 2.81
- Fixed a problem when the Render Display Type is set to create a New Window. This particular configuration led to a freezing state of Blender. This setting was also moved from the Topbar to the Preferences in Interface > Temporary Windows, requiring an update in code. Now the window is properly created without freezing.
v1.0.0 (Blender 2.80) - Update for Blender 2.8x series
v1.0.0 (Blender 2.79) - Initial release
|Published||over 3 years ago|
|Software Version||2.7x, 2.77, 2.78, 2.79, 2.8, 2.81, 2.82, 2.83, 2.9, 2.91, 2.92, 2.93, 3.0, 3.1|
Have questions before purchasing?
Contact the Creator with your questions right now.Login to Message