This is a plugin to use Substance files( *.sbsar) inside Blender
The latest update allows you to import the substances easier and adjust them to see the results in the viewport faster so you can iterate and speed up your texturing workflow.
IMPORTANT: Since the SBSAR format is proprietary and protected by Allegorithmic, to use this plugin is required that you have installed the Substance Automation Toolkit which is not included here, you need to directly download it from Allegorithmic's website
Using Octane: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWJcKItYD8I
Substances Gallery Feature: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8q42LIcrTk
If you need help with the plugin you can contact me directly via my discord server, this is the fastest way cause we can chat:
or you can use my Blender Artist thread, I am constantly checking it out
Are you a patron?
Wait don't buy it just yet!!! first check my Patreon page and search for the discount code!
You really cannot afford it?
I still trust honest people that are in a rough situation, and I'm happy to help them, so you have two options either send me an email, and we'll see what can be done, or send me a pic via twitter (@ymmanuel_who) of you sharing a cookie, sandwich, coffee or whatever with someone who needs it... I want to create a website with all those pics of artists helping people!!! XD and maybe get some support of other plugin/content creators to join me in the effort
Are you a studio or need an custom shader?
Feel free to support more if you are installing in multiple machines, up to you how much you want to, also if you need a specific Shader configuration, instead of the default ones, let me know and we'll see what can be done
Check the youtube channel playlist for tutorials on how to install & use the plugin
The latest plugin version was built with:
BLENDER 2.8 is working with Eevee, Cycles and Octane
Substance Automation Toolkit 2019.3.0+
- Use Substance files from Substance designer (.sbsars) directly in Blender
- Out of the box support for the materials available in Substance Source
- File browser for easy navigation between substances
- Work with substances based on the PBR Metal/Roughness workflow
- Works with Cycles, Eevee and Octane materials
- Parameters are obtained dynamically from the substance file
- Live viewport update (experimental)
- Support for Emissive, Opacity, Height, and other additional channels
- Auto-assign materials to the selected objects
- Customizable bit-depth export
- Material instancing for easy iteration
- Available for Windows, MacOS and Linux
Roadmap (not in any specific order):
- Add pbr secular/glossiness workflow
- Add more third party renderers support
- Keyable parameters
Thanks for the support! this will help me to develop this plugin and a lot more cool stuff!!!
*** Contact Information ***
Don't forget to check and subscribe to my YouTube channel to see some cool videos, tips and tricks:
You can also support me via Patreon: Xolotl Studio
Or contact me if you have any doubts or comments
Or if you want to join the discord server