Render+ 2.0 with support for Blender 2.8 (and other cool stuff) in beta now!
Render+ is a Blender addon that makes rendering easier and more powerful. I started writing this addon because I wanted to automate more of my workflow without having to fiddle with too many settings or writing specific code. That's why Render+ is designed to put as much power in your hands with the simplest interface possible.
Render+ keeps track of your rendertimes so you don't have to. Useful metrics like the average, slowest and fastest frame time help you improve your scenes. While the estimated remaining let's you plan ahead. You can also export these stats to a CSV file to use with spreadsheet software and databases.
Work more efficiently by setting up your renders and starting them with one click. The batch panel provides an easy interface to setup render jobs for any scene and override the camera, render layer, frame(s) and size. Also included is a powerful autogenerate tool that can create render jobs automatically, so you can also work faster.
Include any scene from any blend file. Tweak any property in the scene using Custom Overrides. Use the RSS feature to monitor your batch remotely from any device. Render+ can adapt to any workflow.
Notifications & Power off
You have better things to do than watch the tiles fill up. Stay on top of your renders with desktop, email and sound notifications. Render+ can also turn your computer off (or set it to sleep) when it's done rendering. So you can go for a walk or finally get some sleep yourself.
- Autosave image renders
- Use all 3D view layers when rendering
- Run commands and scripts after/before render
- Slots menu in the render panel (they can be named too!)
- One-click OpenGL renders
Current version is 1.7 (bugfix & polish). Check the full changelog in the docs.
Changelog for 1.0
- Much better UI (using inital states and panel modes instead of popups)
- Lots of small improvements to the batch workflow (scene details and output are autofilled when you create a new job, name collision works perfectly and more!)
- New settings for OpenGL renders (formerly "Preview Renders")
- Autogenerate is now called Quick Batch and is much easier to find and use
- Support for large renders (using Quick Batches)
- Color Looks Quick Batch (render every look in the color management panel)
- Use a specific GPU per job (or CPU)
- Number of samples per job (Cycles only)
- A tool to change outputs for all jobs automatically according to certain options
- The batch panel can now show stats from the previous batch
- Batches can now use the Power off and notification settings. As well as Pre/Post actions.
- You can now open batches inside a terminal
- RSS files now have style sheets
Keeps getting better
I use Render+ myself all the time, so I'm always working on it. These are the targets for next release (2.0):
- V-Ray support
- Custom Quick Batches
- HTML reports for batches
- Better error checking (specially for custom overrides)
Render+ includes free updates for life. If the addon doesn't work or you're having any kind of trouble, send me an email and we'll sort it out ASAP. If you're still not satisfied you can get 100% of your money back.
If you need a custom feature for a short time, I can also keep a branch for you (and maybe make it an official feature eventually).