Understanding the magic behind Blender's latest render tech.
Easily the most exciting feature of Blender 2.8's development is the Eevee render engine.
Most of us know the highlights by now:
- Realtime physically-based rendering
- Comparable to modern game engine tech
- Material compatibility with Cycles
- Fast volumetrics
- Full proof way to never wait on Cycles renders again!
Ok, that last one is a joke. That would be nice though, wouldn't it? Alas, even Eevee has its pros and cons like any tool. It's not replacing Cycles anytime soon.
The hype is real but nuanced
There's a lot of hype around this new tool and a lot of people are singing it's praised, which is deserved. But there are far fewer people talking about Eevee's short-comings and significant changes to workflow it requires, especially if you're not a competent game artist already.
In this course, CGC Blender Instructor Ethan Snell goes into great detail about the pros, cons, and quirks of Eevee. Whether you're finding Eevee overwhelming or underwhelming, this course is a must watch.
What You'll Learn:
- Collections showcase - While this organizational feature isn't an Eevee-exclusive, it's very useful and worth a sneak peak.
- Eevee lights + Post effects - Shadow bias, contact shadows, bloom, reflection probes, baked GI...all things covered here.
- Eevee materials - It's so nice that Eevee's materials are compatible with Cycles. Though it's important to be aware of where they're different, especially when it comes to transparency.
- Game art tricks - Since Eevee is a game engine at heart, it helps to know some game artist tricks to both improve visual quality and speed optimize your scene.
What's included in this Blender Training Course
Chapter 1: Introduction
- A quick introduction to Eevee
Chapter 2: Collections and Lighting
Check out the useful things you can do with collections as well as the ins and outs of lighting your scenes with Eevee
- Cool things about Collections
- Fantastic Lights and How they work
- Post Effects and Lighting Effects
Chapter 3: Materials
Learn how materials function within Eevee
- The Terror of Transparency
- Fun Material Things
- Death of the Bump Map
- Normal Editing
Project source files are included to follow along.
Interested in more Blender Training?
If you get inspired and would like to become a CG Cookie member after purchasing this course, send a message to [email protected] and we will be happy to help you set up a membership while discounting the amount you paid for this course. A membership will give you access to our instructors, community and 100+ CG Cookie Blender courses. Be sure to mention your Blender Market Order ID when you get in touch and we will take it from there!
For more information, visit CG Cookie.
Or head over to our creator profile here on the Blender Market.
|Dev Fund Contributor|
|Published||over 3 years ago|
Have questions before purchasing?
Contact the Creator with your questions right now.Login to Message