Procedural Split Flap Display With Blender Geometry Nodes
- Made in blender 3.1
- also tested and working in 3.2, 3.3 and 3.4
- You only need the blender file for it to work, any additional files are just for demonstration or in case you want to change the textures.
- Split flap display animated to what you type. you can make it as large as you want and display as many transitions after one another as you want.
- With so many customization options showcased in the video and the images.
- the flaps are showing capital letters, small letters, numbers, and special characters which you can enable or disable separately or change in the textures.
- With a beginner-friendly guide on how to use it.
- The other formats are full modules exported to abc, glTF, and usdc. you can use them and just stop the animation where what you want is displayed or make your own animation and export it as demonstrated in the pdf guide.
- The UV maps are automatically generated and there is a guide in the pdf on how to export to other formats without losing the UVs.
- PBR textures: The textures can be changed to display anything (but the button to call that part of the texture won't be changed) for example if you change the " = " to display an emoji, you would display that emoji by hitting " = "
- Low poly
- The sounds in the video showcase are not generated in blender, they are added in video editing, but you get these flaps sounds in the additional files folder.
- -March 2023 update
Added 4 demo files that you can check out or use as a template
split flap demo manual control and custom animations
split flap demo airport render
split flap demo looping sentences
split flap demo clock or timer
Updated the pdf guide to include more details
Added the ability to use a slider for the animation progress instead of the timeline. to make it even easier to start, stop, speed up or slow down the animation based on a keyframed value
-If you have any questions or want a custom-made animation just contact me
|Dev Fund Contributor|
|Published||5 months ago|
|Render Engine Used||cycles|
|Misc Data||uvs-unwrapped, animated, textured|
Have questions before purchasing?
Contact the Creator with your questions right now.Login to Message