Modo-Me, The Modo action centers and (more) and your Modo to Blender companion
Modo-Me add-on tries to mimic some of the interface elements and functionalities from Modo in Blender.
At the moment the main goal is to get the Modo action centers to be represented reasonably in Blender 2.79 (soon 2.8) via an accessible menu.
Since these two applications work with different concepts in many levels, it is not fully possible to match all such functionalities one to one, however, it is possible to replicate some of the Modo's loved usability ideas to Blender.
This is the initial release, and more features will be added later if the add-on gets some traction and some user interaction. However please do not expect all of your Modo stuff to be implemented faithfully with this add-on.
I will probably end up rethinking most of this add-on for 2.8, because the cursor also has rotation in 2.8 branch, which means that emulating Modo's workplanes and rules will be easier to implement. So more to come.
Who is this for?
* You are coming from Modo and you just miss your action centers
* You want to have a more organized way of setting transformation centers and axis.
* You are just curious to see why people brag about action centers and you do not want to spend lot of money on Modo to find it out
- Parent action center now respects the actual rotation axis of the parent
- Pivot with Parent axis now respects the parent axis
- Selection center offset bug fixed. It was not taking world matrix into consideration
- Some other optimizations
V1.2 (Initial 2.80 support)
- This release now supports 2.80 and 2.79. This was the major refactoring since viewport got the one of most API changes
- Added a cursor action center (see the screenshot)
- Some improvements in the logic
- [New Feature] Now the user can choose to have the manipulators to be enabled always, which should make it more feel like Modo's transform tools
- This release is the proper release that deals with both version of Blender
- [New Feature] Custom pivot point. This will add a new `.PIVOT` empty and use it for reference. If it does not exits it will delete it.
- [New Feature] Pivot center with World Axis
- Fixed the add-on registry issues that was especially an issue in Blender 2.79b release which uses Python 3.5
- Fixed better handling of parent position
- Recent API update broke the addon. This is now fixed
- No more class annotations related warnings
* Either uncompress the provided zip yo your ad-dons folder or use "Install add-n from File" in the "Add-ons" tab in your preferences window.
* Once the install need to assign a shortcut for it. This is done by putting the values in the "Input" section of Blender Preferences. See the image below.
I recommend `Shift-Alt-Q` as your shortcut for this menu as I found it to be very much accessible.
Find the `3D View generic` under `3D View`
First `Add New` then put the values below as seen in the pic. Assign the shortcut as seen in the picture. Here I have choose `Shift-Alt-Q` to call the Action Centers menu
Put `wm.call_menu` at the top left box in the new keymap area, once done the bottom box will open up. And paste `object.modoactioncenters` into the box that is on the right side (one that is with `Name:`)
How to Use
Once you install and assign your shortcut properly, all you do is to press your shortcut to call the menu. From there choose the functionality you want.
- One of the main different between Modo-Me and the Modo action centers is that there is no **left click to put the operation center and drag** if you are using `Left click to select` mode in Blender. Therefor in 'Automatic' mode you will use right click to relocate the operation center and left click to operate.
- If you are using `Right click to select` then relocating the center is much more easy (done by RClick) however you will loose ability to `drag` the transformation. So you need to pick your battle in that front, this is how Blender operates fundamentally. Blender cursor has to be located with one and operated with the other.
No FAQ's found for this product.
Purchase this item to leave a review!