NOTE: this product is made with Blender 2.82 and using the latest denoiser node for denoising finished renders.
NOTE: if you import this city in a application that doesn't support adaptive subdivision or displacement, the building materials will look more flat than in the renders on this product (but still have lighting details from the displacementmaps in all building materials)
This is a fictive city thats modeled with a workflow that's comparable to a procedurally generated workflow. This way i was able to efficiently create over 2000 uniquely shaped and sized buildings for this city.
The structure is a grid road system but the cityblocks are very large to allow lots of walk/cycle paths between buildings.
About 25% of the total land usage is public park.
All building facades and roofs use a adaptive displacement system to achieve the real 3D effect of the details. this means that every building calculates how much pixels it takes on the render, and adapts the geometry accordingly, thanks to this method it's a very optimised city.
to further optimise the rendertime and memory usage, i scaled all textures as low as possible (there is also a unoptimised development version in the files, but i don't recommend using this one)
a system with 16GB ram should be more than enough for regular resolution renders. most of the times it uses less than 8GB ram (even though i even rendered a 8K picture of it)
The trees are generated trough a particle system, so it's easy to edit the amount of trees you want.
This product contains a completely connected city and a separated one, so you can put your own modular city together
All building textures are uniquely developed for this product.
The city has Modern buildings, classic buildings, skyscrapers, industry/warehouses and mansions.
Everything is rendered on a RTX2070 with 8GB vram, so if you own a graphic card that might not have enough video memory, you can always render on the CPU, the lighting of the scene isn't too complicated. so it won't be much slower than rendertimes in other projects.
The Blender files are completely set up for Cycles renders.
- -Lighting is achieved with a HDRI and a extra sunlight to give the city a more dynamic look.
City with trees:
- -number of objects: 12 + 30.000 particle trees
- -total verts: 5,958,182
- -total poly: 2,662,259 quads / 5,351,546 tris
City without trees:
- -number of objects: 12
- -total verts: 678,182
- -total poly: 547,259 quads / 1,061,546 tris
- -All renders are orginally 4K and made with a RTX2070 (8gb and OPTIX turned on) and took about 4 to 6 minutes (128 samples and denoise)
- -All materials with textures use normalmaps. (all facade textures use displacement only)
- -Trees are generated with a particle system. (if you import the FBX, it sees all these trees as a single object. if you experience problems, you can always import it without trees (i created a separate folder for this)
- -The city as configured in the renders is about 3 bij 3KM.
- -The tallest skyscraper is 650 meters tall
- -all assets that use textures have a seamless generated UVmap by using a box projection method.
- -Every asset is named
- -The renders are made in Blender Cycles
- -All files are exported from blender with default settings.
- -All parts are low to mid-poly so it can be used in big models for game development, renders, animations, environments, VR, product presentation, education, personal projects and commercial projects