The Metaball Composer addon uses different patterns to calculate the position of a metaball array, to create complex forms.
AND YES! THERE'S A 2.80 VERSION! (just upgrade it. Let me know if you experience any issues with it.)
Random pattern: Metaball clouds using simple random coordinates.
Elliptical pattern: sine/cosine elliptical spirals.
Spirograph: geometric mathematical roulette curves.
There's 2 ZIPs files available: 2.79 and 2.80 versions. Choose the one you need (or both) and install it through the user preferences window.
The Metaball Composer will add a new submenu and 3 operators in the add -> metaball menu:
There's common settings for the 3 composition types, but elliptical and spirograph have their own specific parameters.
- Metaballs: number of objects in the composition
- Pattern: List of available pattern types
- X, Y, Z limits: Size of the composition
- View Resolution and Render Resolution: see Blender manual
- Use last metaball position: Instead of using local 0 coordinates, each metaball moves to the next position adding up previous coordinates.
- Use Zig-Zag effect: Just a 1/-1 multiplier
- Use 3D cursor: Use the 3D cursor as a starting point
Random pattern type uses the common settings only.
There's no extra parameters.
Elliptical pattern uses 4 functions to calculate the metaball position:
Sine, Cosine, Tangent and simple displacement
Besides the functions mentioned before, Spirograph also uses a minimum radius and a maximum radius to create the geometric patterns
No FAQ's found for this product.
Purchase this item to leave a review!