Lineworks v1.0 gives you that ability to quickly add rigged line strips and grease pencil lines to you characters. The lines will follow the surface of your character based on where they are placed and come complete with a rig that gives you control over the lines look.
- Generative Modifiers: Lineworks cannot add lines that follow parts of a mesh that are generated by modifiers. If your character has a mirror modifier you will need to apply it in order to get lines on the other half of the character. (Subsurf and Multires modifiers won't cause any issues)
- Deleted Geometry: You cannot delete any of the geometry of the characters model after lineworks is created. If you do this will break the rig. You can move the geometry around and add new geometry safely.
- Mask Modifier (FIXED IN BLENDER 2.82+): There is a bug currently that can cause the mask modifier to prevent lineworks from functioning properly. If your character uses the mask modifier to hide portions of it's mesh then you will need to create a dummy object that only serves the purpose of being used for Lineworks lines, or remove the mask modifier
- Destructive Modifiers: Modifiers like the Build modifier, Decimate modifier, and the Remesh modifier will cause issues with Lineworks as well.
- Only Mesh Objects Supported: Lineworks lines can only be used with mesh objects. Curves, Nurbs, Metaballs, etc will not work with Lineworks. Linked mesh objects and linked collections with mesh objects in them will work.
Lineworks is made with a linked asset pipeline in mind. You can add rigged lines even to a linked collection.
Lineworks is only supported for Blender 2.80+ and will not be brought to 2.79.
|Dev Fund Contributor|
|Published||almost 2 years ago|
|Software Version||2.8, 2.81, 2.82, 2.83, 2.9, 2.91, 2.92, 2.93|
Have questions before purchasing?
Contact the Creator with your questions right now.Login to Message