WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
This is the Iterative Closest Point (ICP) Registration addon for Blender 2.80. Performs fast and accurate alignment of two mesh objects (location, rotation and if necessary, uniform scale).
WHY DO I NEED THIS?
Are you tired of endlessly repositioning, rotating and scaling an object until it matches the exact transforms of another object? Look no further. With this addon, you will be able to perform this task flawlessly. The intuitive user interface will guide you through the functionalities. If needed, the elaborate read me will provide additional information.
LET'S TALK FEATURES
* Allows for uniform scaling
* Selecting a region of interest to focus the alignment on
* Setting the number of ICP iterations
* Setting a percentage of outliers to perform alignment of noisy or sparse objects
* Downsampling of large objects to increase speed
* ONLY AVAILABLE IN FULL PACKAGE: export of the transformations of the moving object to .txt file. In the full package, alignment involves two steps: firstly, manual rough alignment and secondly, automatic fine alignment. The export file includes the transformations of the rough alignment as well as the transformations of the fine ICP alignment. This file can be easily imported into Blender again to copy the exact transformations to another object.