Grid Modeler is a convenient tool to create 3D model easily.
Grid Modeler let you Boolean Cut by drawn shape or Create mesh on top of each other. It is a new modeling workflow in blender. It is proven and very efficient.
- Boolean Cut
- Create new faces
- Boolean Slicing
- Powerful Shape functions
- Advanced Grid System
- Construction Lines
- Create Pipes
Grids are very precise and easy to use. You can orient your grid plane by any directions. It is designed to be an very advanced grid system.
Table of content
- About Grid Modeler
- Sample works
- Useful Tips
- Known Issues and Limitation
- Hardware support
- Contacts and Support
About Grid Modeler
Grid Modeler is designed for speed modeling.
If you want to create :
- Quick static objects for game, background things, buildings
- Sword, shield, armor, when consistent scales and angles are needed
- Sci-fi, spaceship, robots, weapons, hard surface solid things
Then, Grid Modeler will become your helpful tool in blender.
Also, if you used Google Sketchup, Fusion360 or other CAD software before, you may feel that Grid Modeler is familiar. They have some similar concept and advantages.
For background story and design concept of Grid Modeler,
please visit my website : https://www.kushirocg.com
Version 1.18.8, 1.18.9 :
This is a bug fix update :
- Fixed a bug occur when using ngon cut, and some edges are overlapping
- Added extra keys for Macbook users.
Now you can use 7 key and 8 key for mouse-scroll actions. For example, when you want to change grid size, now you can use Ctrl + 7 or Ctrl + 8. Also to enlarge grid plane, you can use Alt + 7 and Alt + 8.
Version 1.18.5, 1.18.6, 1.18.7
This is a minor update!
- Now new circle has a center pivot point by default
- Now you can press L key to rotate the shape perpendicularly !!
1. Set one of the edge of the shape to be the alignment edge (Ctrl + Click on the edge)
2. Press L key to rotate
3. You can even rotate it by 5 degree using Ctrl + L key !
This is a minor update!
- Enhanced Edge Pipe Smoothing function ! It has much better smoothing result and easier to use !
- Smoothing now become an checkbox instead of value.
- Fixed a bug when using two vertices point for running Grid Modeler.
For full update log, please visit my gumroad page for Grid Modeler.
This is a minor update!
- Fixed the hint text (removed the incorrect Ctrl P hint)
- Now you can enable a new "Snap to shape" mode by pressing Ctrl + U key
In this mode, the cursor will snap to drawn points of the current shapes !
It is convenient for some use cases, eg: you want to create shape to connect duplicated shapes.
1. Absolute size mode is very useful and recommended. It keep the same grid size, across any face, any objects. It can make whole scene very cool and clean.
2. Boolean Cut mode, work well on the borders, and it is fun and great. If it does not cut correctly, you may try to align the grid to that border edge (Ctrl + Click)
If the Boolean fail (it does not cut anything), you should adjust the "offset" parameter, to make the faces of the geometry not overlapping. (blender's boolean limitation)
Also, if the face's normal is flipped (incorrect normal), you may need to fix the mesh normals first.
3. You may select multiple faces (with same normal, co-planar) and use this tool. You can draw across multiple n-gons, it works great.
Known Issues and Limitation
1.This addon is a direct modeling tool, without modifiers. Boolean operation is destructive and apply directly. The resulting mesh is filled by blender's n-gon.
2. Overlapping shapes will cause strange geometry. However, you can overlap the shapes if you use "new face" mode, it will still create all shapes without problem.
3. This addon uses Blender's dissolve API, it is a bit unstable and it does not fill the faces correctly sometimes. (for n-gon and triangle fill modes)
- Only standard mouse and keyboard are supported.
I only tested with standard mouse and keyboard. This addon does not officially support other device (eg: wacom tablet, 3d-mouse, vr glove, etc) yet.
Therefore, it may not work with your special hardware. I didn't test them.
Please reconsider before buying it, thank you.
Download and Install
After purchase, you can download the zip file.
I uploaded two versions of Grid Modeler (one is latest, one is older), please install the latest file. The older file is for emergency only (if the latest one has critical bug).
Open Blender's Edit > Preference > Add-ons, then click install on the top of dialog.
Select the zip file to install. (Do not unzip it, the zip file has to be installed as a whole)
When I release new update, I will announce it on Twitter.
Please come back here and download it. Before update please uninstall the old one in blender and remove it completely. Then install the new zip file again. If there is any problem, you may contact me by email or Twitter.
Contacts and Support
Thank you for visiting! Hope you enjoy it.
If you like this product, please buy it to support my development.
I am interested in making different kinds of blender's addon, I enjoy it so much :)
* You only need to purchase once, and you can download updates for free !
You can use this addon for personal or commercial works.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact me on twitter !
Email : [email protected]
For more information and documentation, please visit my website:
Gumroad for Grid Modeler : https://gumroad.com/l/VthLyO
My youtube channel (contains videos of Grid Modeler)