Friendly Pivot addon(Launch video) mimics the functionality of the Autodesk Maya Pivot Transform tool with minor differences and improvements for the Blender. It's main task is to quickly and conveniently change the Pivot Orientation, Origin and 3D Cursor positions by pressing one key, eliminating the need to select the desired component of an object and long travel through different menus to select a necessary action.
Just press and hold D button, hover cursor mouse above desire and highlighted component and click LMB, MMB or RMB to change pivot.
Or use Pivot gizmo to move Origin in 3D space or set custom pivot orientation. Both are with incremental system now. In addition Bbox gizmo helps adjust Origin and 3D cursor inside current object's boundaries.
Now the addon supports bones and curves. Also 3D Cursor in UV Editor.
If you feel this price is too high you can buy the addon at affordable price on gumroad.
- Change Pivot Transform orientation.
- Change Origin and 3D Cursor positions.
Blender 2.80 or higher.
It's recommended to remove previously installed addon before installation!
Downloaded file, then
Start Blender, then Edit → User Preferences → Add-ons tab,
Press 'Install' button and locate and select downloaded friendly_pivot zip file,
Activate the addon, save user settings,
Current version 0.4.2
Fixed some issues and B3.1 compatibility.
Fixed small issues.
Added option to bake custom orientation to LOCAL.
Added shortcut action for D+S+MMB(Set Orientation & 3d Cursor at the same time).
Added bone's support for Orientation, 3D Cursor and Origin.
Added curve's points support for 3D Cursor and Origin.
Added UV Editor support for 3D Cursor.
- Added incremental and round system to Pivot gizmo.
- Added distance counter and value to UI.
- Added local view support for current object.
- Added Edit mode full support.
- Added Wireframe show for current object.
- Added Pivot gizmo support for other object types even Grease Pencil, Armature, Lattice and Collection Instance.
- Fixed wrong component's index error after Origin set up for an object with modifiers.
- Small addon's UI fixes.
- Fixed bug with Pivot gizmo when RMB - orientation mode.
- Other small bug fixes.
- Fixed axis preview scale.
- Fixed Pivot gizmo's position when selected mesh is parented.
Version 0.3.0 Updates Video
- Added Pivot gizmo to set Origin and custom orientation.
- Added Pivot gizmo scale setting to the addon's preference.
- Added Bbox dots' scale setting to the addon's preference.
Version 0.2.4 Updates Video
Added Bounding Box widget to set 3D Cursor and Origin.
Added support for Blender 2.91 and 2.92.
Fix issue with Auto set Pivot to 3D Cursor key. Now it switches center between Median and 3D Cursor when pressing the button.
Version 0.2.2. Updates Video
- Added restoring preferences. This is experimental feature to store custom setup every time when addon is turned off. Tested in Windows only. In Linux, Mac Os could be errors.
- Added ability to set conform buttons.
- Added Multi Selection Mode for Origin(for now).
- Added Set Origin to one axis(global).
- Fix issue with keyboard special symbols for invoke key
Version 0.0.93. Video
- Added viewport shortcuts help and indicators.
- Added 3D Cursor Orientation.
- Added Auto set Pivot to 3D Cursor shortcut and pref.
- Added Auto set SCPO to Move/Rotate/Scale Tools shortcut and pref.
- Added Double click D key for setting selected object's Origins to center.
While pressing and holding D(default invoke addon key):
- 1. Press LMB - To set just Transform Orientation.
- 2. Press MMB - Sets only 3D Cursor to highlighted.
- 3. Press RMB - Sets only Origin to highlighted.
- 4. Press and hold S, then LMB or RMB - Sets Orientation and Origin.
- 5. Press and hold C, then RMB - Sets 3D Cursor.
- 6. Press and hold A - Activate multi selection mode for Origin.
- 7. Press and hold X or Y or Z - Set Origin to one axis.
- 8. Press O - Switch On/Off Pivot to Cursor settings.
- 9. Press P - Switch On/Off SCPO into Active Transform Tools settings.
- 10. Press B - Activate Bounding Box mode and widget.
- 11. Press Alt while moving Pivot gizmo - Round current axis value.
- 12. Press Shift, Ctrl or Shift+Crtl while moving Pivot gizmo - Activate incremental system.
- 13. Press L - Switch On/Off bake custom orientation to LOCAL.
- 14. Press and hold S, then MMB - Sets Orientation and 3D Cursor.
Choose a product version:
|Published||over 2 years ago|
|Blender Version||2.93, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3|
Have questions before purchasing?
Contact the Creator with your questions right now.Login to Message