What is Flares Wizard ?
Flares Wizard is an add-on for creating realistic lens flares quickly and easily in Blender (Cycles, Eevee).
Why I created this add-on?
It's sad that in a fantastic software like Blender with all its features we can't create decent lens flares.
That's why I decided to create something similar to Optical flares for Bender.
Do I need those "Lens flares"?
Lens flares are the light scattered in lens systems through generally unwanted image formation mechanisms, such as internal reflection and scattering from material inhomogeneities in the lens.
It's an effect that happen in real cameras, just like depth of field and chromatic aberration, in the world of CG we try to mimic those effects to add more realism. However, if used badly it may destroy a nice piece of art.
This effect is heavily used in the cinema industry, commercials, motion graphics...
- Real-time preview: Design and see the result in the 3D viewport.
- Super fast rendering: it needs only 1 sample!
- Custom presets: 32 presets.
- Save, load: you can easily save your creation and reuse it any time, or even share it.
- Animation ready: The add-on generates an advanced rig to control the lens flares.
- Camera border detection: if the lens flare is no longer visible by the camera you can make it fadeout.
- Obstacles detection: when the lens flares is obscured by a 3D object it will disappear.
- Blinking : make the lens flare blink.
- The lens flare is a shader on a Plane, so it will be affected by the depth of field (dof), and the Bloom effect in Eevee and the other effects, depending on your scene you may render the lens flare separately then merge it with your render later.
- The Obstacles detection feature is NOT real time, that's why it requires an animation to work (it doesn't make sense to have dynamic obstacles detection on a still frame)
- bug fix: Cycles visibility in Blender 3.0.
- bug fix: Error creating a lens flare in certain layouts.
- Upgrade to Blender 2.8x, 2.9x.
- New procedural elements, with the total of 11 elements.
- Enhanced blinking functionality.
- Enhanced Background functionality.
- the obstacles detection feature is no longer real-time, but it's more stable and usable.
- A new dedicated panel for loading and previewing the presets.
- Saving a preset is much easier, because the add-on will generates the thumbnail automatically.
- A ton of new image textures, most of them taken from real photos.
- A whole new system, fixing the old problems, and adding a lot of new features.
- New operators for saving and loading backups, instead of doing it manually.
- 9 New presets.
- Works with Blender 2.77 & 2.78
- The obstacles system is now much faster and accurate (since the version 1.1.2).
- Fixed a bug, causing artefacts when the target is very far away from the camera.
- Other small changes.
- NB: No backward compatibility.
- a small fix to the obstacles detection, now works with Blender 2.77.
V 1.1.0 video demo
- Added an easier way to load a preset.
- Added an option for the lamp to copy the color of the flare.
- Fixed a bug: occur when changing the scale of the camera.
- Initial release.
A big thank you to Mohammad Eideh for his help on the version 1.0.
Thanks to Matt Gunn for some bokeh images.
Thanks to Joseph Gonzalez for some of the textures.
|Dev Fund Contributor|
|Published||over 6 years ago|
|Software Version||2.79, 2.83, 2.9, 2.91, 2.92, 2.93, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2|
Have questions before purchasing?
Contact the Creator with your questions right now.Login to Message