Requires Blender 2.93 or higher.
This Toolkit is an ongoing project and will see additions and revisions as Geometry Nodes develops. Current version (v0.3) is tested in Blender 2.93 (build from April 5th) - if you have trouble, ensure you're on a build from after that date.
The Toolkit contains more advanced tools created for Geometry Nodes workflows. For v0.1, the primary focus of the Toolkit was on camera culling and LOD tools. Since v0.2 we can also generate points procedurally so there are a lot of new nodes to provide advanced arrays and instancing.
Introduced with v0.3 is a simple addon which adds a menu category for the nodes. Install this and point it to the directory you keep the toolkit in to have easy access to the nodes all the time.
Camera Culling allows us to automatically optimise an instance-heavy scene as we can restrict instances only to the area within view of the camera.
LODs (Levels of Detail) allow us to further optimise a scene by reducing the visual fidelity of distant meshes. The LOD tools in this pack give controls over distance limits for different LOD meshes.
The generator nodes introduced in v0.2 allow for much more complex positioning of instances which we can push into areas such as architectural form finding and motion graphics.
Instructions on installation, explanations of all the node sockets and examples of use can be found in the documentation.
- ETK_DISTANCE CULL
- ETK_ATTRIBUTE VECTOR ROTATE
- ETK_ATTRIBUTE VECTOR ROTATE 2
- ETK_POINT NORMAL
- ETK_MAT SMOOTH
- ETK_BEZIER QUADRATIC O
- ETK_BEZIER QUADRATIC V
- ETK_BEZIER CUBIC O
- ETK_BEZIER CUBIC V
- ETK_BEZIER SURFACE O
- ETK_BEZIER SURFACE V
- ETK_BRICK STRAIGHT
- ETK_BRICK ARC
- ETK_Index to Fac
- ETK_STEPPED TRANSFORM
5th March, 2021
- Updated the file with a bugfix. (LOD node miscalculating the offset between the camera and object if the object was moved from the world origin)
21st March, 2021
- v0.2 update! 21 new nodes added and node naming convention changed to ETK_ prefix.
- Existing nodes streamlined and updated.
23rd March, 2021
- v0.2.2 minor update. Updated generator nodes to accommodate the updated Primitive Nodes - effects BRICK STRAIGHT and BRICK ARC.
- Added Fac outputs to all generators. Documentation isn't updated but the Fac should be clear what it refers to on each node, outputs a 0-1 range.
5th April, 2021
- v0.3 update! Added a further 9 node groups and updated many of the existing groups.
- Updated the documentation to cover all changes since v0.2 and provide an additional use example.
The nodegroups and the included addon are licensed as GNU GPL - the same license as Blender uses.