Welcome to my tutorial showing the full pipeline of creating a 3D asset for video games. We’re going to start from scratch with design and take it all the way to final real-time render using Marmoset Toolbag.
Some knowledge of the software listed is required, as I won’t be covering the basics of navigation, for example, but if you know your way around it a little, it should be enough. This tutorial is aimed at beginner to intermediate level artists, or just someone looking to add a few new tricks to their workflow.
- We’re going to talk about low poly modeling, sculpting, UV unwrapping, all done in Blender. Focus will be on non destructive modeling, using modifiers to save time and adjust easily.
- After we export the models, we’ll bring them into Substance Painter for texturing, where we’ll create textures from scratch. We will bake the required maps and texture the asset piece by piece focusing on different materials and approaches for them.
- We’ll use Photoshop to quickly create some alphas to help out with texturing using photo reference.
- With texturing done, we’ll jump into Marmoset Toolbag, set up the shader, create lighting and capture the final image.
- Bonus chapter about some compositing tips and tricks in Photoshop.
A bit more than 2h40min of fully narrated video content. Majority of the tutorial is in real-time, though some parts are sped-up or skipped through, but only after I show how it's done first. For example, I'll show how to sculpt wood details on one plank, but then skip through sculpting the rest of them. Rest assured, every part is explained.
It’s taken a lot of work to create this, I hope you enjoy and learn something new!
All the best,
IMPORTANT NOTICE: As of April 11th, 2021 new files have been uploaded with all new audio recorded. Better narration, better quality. It was done in response to feedback I got, so thank you!
Besides that, I've added a few more chapters to explain different approaches that are more in line in how I do things these days. Nothing big, but a nice to have as software evolves and workflow improves.
|Dev Fund Contributor|
|Published||7 months ago|
|Software Version||2.8, 2.81, 2.82, 2.83, 2.9, 2.91, 2.92, 2.93|
Have questions before purchasing?
Contact the Creator with your questions right now.Login to Message