What is Colormate?
Colormate makes color work in the Blender shader graph easy and fast. It calculates color harmonies right inside blender making copying and pasting hex codes or rgb values a thing of the past. Through solid support of many popular color palette formats you can import and manage color palettes from Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Krita and Gimp.
The supported file formats that Colormate can read and write are:
- .aco (Adobe Color - binary format)
- .acb (Adobe Color Book - binary format)
- .ase (Adobe Swatch Exchange - binary format)
- .gpl (Gimp Color Palette - ASCII format)
- .kpl (Krita Color Palette - ASCII format)
- .csv (Colormate Color Palette - ASCII format)
Colormate features two color library modes represented as the two rollouts "Scene Library" and "Persistent Library". The Scene Library keeps the imported or created colors in scene and gets saved with the .blend-file. While the Persistent Library keeps all imported or created colors persistent across scenes and files. It will keep the contained colors even when you open different blend files or switch scenes.
>> Colormate works with any blender version later than 2.80
- Minor Bugfixes for toRamp Colorramp node function
- Fixes clash with HairTools addon
- other minor bugfixes and codebase changes
- Ability to dock the colormate panel where you need it (Node Editor and/or 3D View)
- Improvements for the Gridmode search; immediate filtering while typing and non case sensitive matching
- More robust import of different file formats and better error reports and warning message during import process
- Colormate now lets you sort the color library by value eg. from darkest to lightest color
- You can now create ColorRamp-Nodes from colors in your library automatically with just a few clicks.
- The Documentation has been updated accordingly
For a thorough explanation of all addon features please look at our Sphinx Documentation or the Blendermarket Docs!
If you have any problems, suggestions or questions you can reach us at [email protected].