A new useful addon if you want to import from Sketchup is available here:
What is Bmesh clean?
Did you import models from software like Sketchup or others?
Would you like to clean them a little from all the useless edges, faces, vertices?
Are you tired of continuing to press:
- Spacebar -> Limited Dissolve
- Spacebar -> Tris to quad
- Spacebar -> Triangulate
- Spacebar / Shift-N -> Recalculate Normals (Flip Normals)
- Spacebar -> Delete Loose
- Spacebar -> Remove Doubles (News 2.8: renamed to "merge by distance")
- Spacebar -> Shade Smooth + auto smooth angle
- Now work on Blender 2.79 on multiple objects:
To continue using blender 2.79 if you have version 2.8 installed, we suggest you to download the portable version of blender 2.79, the installation is not necessary just download the ".zip" file, uncompress it, without installation you can still use blender 2.79. The download is at this link:
- And blender 2.8:
And all the times set the parameters manually? Especially when Blender is restarted?
06/06/2019 now work in Blender 2.79 for multiple objects!
Example on multiple objects (Red are backface) remove loose, remove double , limited dissolve and orient faces in the right direction:
- Example on multiple object with shade smooth + auto smooth angle:
Save preset example:
This addon allows you to control all these parameters in just one click, lets you save your preset on your computer, and above all is always ready to use
allowing you to apply all these parameters with just one click
- Example with a model imported from Sketchup:
It was created to interact on multiple selected objects, uses the "bmesh" methods which is currently the method that makes these operations very fast, forgotten every time you have to re-set parameters manually, just save them in a new preset!
Hey, don't worry I'm well trained and I'm here to help you
If you have a problem and have read the instructions correctly, but cannot resolve, contact us via bug report or write us, if you have any suggestions, they are always welcome! Customer support is important!
Your preset need to update?
- No problem , the preset can be overwritten.
Delete loose, remove doubles,tris to quad, limited dissolve, make normal consistent just in one click
Or do you prefer, even one at a time.
At the end of the operation the cleaning result counted in VERTEX, EDGES, FACES will be shown by popup box:
If want save your preset go to your addon folders:
( it is usually in C:\Users\"your pc name"\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons )
Inside Bmesh Clean have folder named "Preset", save it temporarily in another location, then unistal and install new version, and replace the preset folder with the one you had before.
search Bmesh Clean
Unistall From Blender Preferences -> Addons , search Bmesh clean , uncheck the Checkbox, press Remove.
Then reinstall new version.
- Added Shade Smooth Operator with auto smooth and angle options
- Blender 2.81 Ready
- 04/06/2019 2.79(Only) bugfix
- If active object type is not mesh type report error, FIXED
- 03/06/2019 2.79 Available
- New blender 2.79 version available (free for the old customers)
- Now you can operate on multiple objects!
- 16/05/2019 Bug fix 2.8
- Bmesh clean 1_0_1
- If there is no active object in the selected objects it reported an error. Fixed