Beginners Guide: Model A Mushroom Terrarium
Hi, my name is Harry! I’m a professional 3d artist with over a decade of experience. I’ve worked most recently as the Studio Director of an award winning architectural visualization studio.
In this class, we’ll learn how to create a cute mushroom terrarium from scratch!
We’ll be going through the entire process of creating this mushroom terrarium from a beginner’s perspective to avoid as much confusion as possible. That means I won’t be skipping any steps or going too fast for you to keep up with me.
This class is meant for complete beginners to Blender. No experience in Blender (or 3d modeling in general) is needed to follow along, though it certainly wouldn't hurt! The included "Blender Crash Course" lessons will teach you everything you need to know to get started with the rest of the class.
In this class you'll learn:
- Blender Interface and Tools: Learn about the many basic tools and interface elements within Blender while creating our terrarium and frog.
- Modeling: Create a cute mushroom terrarium from scratch! Use basic modeling tools and modifiers such as Snapping and Solidify.
- Lighting: Set up a soft lighting scheme to display our terrarium in the best light.
- Shading: Give objects the appearance of stylized mushroom, grass and wood with procedural shading nodes.
- Compositing: Learn simple compositing inside Blender, that will accentuate the miniature look of our terrarium.
- Rendering: Render a final image in Blender so you can share it with your friends and family on social media.
This cute mushroom terrarium complete with a little frog friend!
12 Lessons (with 4 hours of focused instruction)
- 1 - Introduction
- 2a - Blender Crash Course (Part 1)
- 2b - Blender Crash Course (Part 2)
- 3 - Setting Up Our File
- 4 - Model the Mushroom (Part 1)
- 5 - Modeling the Mushroom (Part 2)
- 6 - Modeling the Terrarium
- 7 - Modeling the Log and Grass
- 8 - Modeling the Frog
- 9 - Lighting the Terrarium
- 10 - Shading the Terrarium
- 11 - Rendering the Terrarium
- A completed end file (Blender version 3.5) is included so you can check your work during the class
- A final render so you can use it as reference during and after the class
|Dev Fund Contributor|
|Published||about 1 month ago|
|Blender Version||3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5|
Have questions before purchasing?
Contact the Creator with your questions right now.Login to Message