Have you ever faced one of the following issues?
- Bake the rotation angles of a rotated object with reseted transforms
- Orient the object parallel to the world, with reseted transforms
- Align a cylinder with an odd number of segments
What if it's a 3D scan or a high-poly model with an unknown rotation and tons of polygons?
As modeller I had all this headache. But the worst thing for me is to measure it all by eye. After another headache of aligning the 3D scan, I finally decided to create this addon and put the end to this monkey job :)
How does World Align add-on work?
All you have to do is to select face(s) on some two sides of a mesh, and your object will be world aligned or the rotation angles will baked into transforms (by option)
Key features of this add-on:
- The two sides of the model may not be perpendicular
- The ability to select multiple faces for each side. This is very useful if the surface is not perfect and has some noise (e.g. 3D scans)
|Dev Fund Contributor|
|Published||over 2 years ago|
|Blender Version||2.8, 2.81, 2.82, 2.83, 2.9, 2.91, 2.92, 2.93, 3.0|
Have questions before purchasing?
Contact the Creator with your questions right now.Login to Message
Tags: orientaion, world align, snapping, modeling, align, scans, transform, bake rotation